Man Dies in Freak Accident while Attending Call of Nature

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Man Dies in Freak Accident while Attending Call of Nature

Post by Anchor Moy »

explorer wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:29 pm
Username Taken wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:15 pm When I'm staying at my in-law's place, a nocturnal pee is always either over the balcony, through the window, or sometimes through a crack in the bamboo slat flooring.
One day I was under a house in a village talking to a group of people. There was a girl in a hammock talking to another girl. The baby in the house upstairs did a pee, which ran through one of the gaps in the bamboo flooring, and straight into the girls mouth. Of course she moved quickly.

On another day, under another house, the grandfather upstairs tipped out the remainder of the tea he didn't want to drink. It landed about a meter from me, and splashed me a little. The other people downstairs let him know I was there.

So always be conscious of anyone who may be under the house.

Also, never sit below the baby upstairs.
Also, never sit next to a baby on a bus (or a minivan, or a shared taxi, or any means of transport.) :mrgreen:
Typhoon28
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Typhoon28 »

I did the same thing a few years ago when I was a bit pissed and fell out a khmer house, knocked myself unconscious and had some cuts and woke up in the morning covered in toothpaste in a rice sack bed.

Sent from my LLD-L21 using Tapatalk

explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:09 pm Also, never sit next to a baby on a bus (or a minivan, or a shared taxi, or any means of transport.)
I was in the airport waiting for a flight out, and a young girl vomited. I was concerned she might vomit again. The family just let her walk wherever she wanted, and did not stop her. Luckily the first time she did not vomit on anybody's luggage. If she had vomited again, it could easily have been over somebody's luggage. I moved some distance away. Imagine travelling by plane with vomit over your luggage. The Cambodian family did not care.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
MacShroom
Tourist
Uruguay

Post by MacShroom »

I lived for a year in a nice house in Kampot behind a government building..I had a great first floor balcony to relax and catch the breeze on..
The men who worked in the building behind a 3 meter wall would play the French version of bocci ball for hours after 'work'....they did not know I was sitting up there nearly every day smoking and watching their matches...they had a little corner with a bush they all would walk around ..seemingly, out of sight.
And piss....
Hell that gent who was killed near Kampot the other day was discovered by 2 chaps who stopped to piss.
I know I would have to step over my wife's relatives and negotiate down 12 wooden stairs to piss on the grass...no way I would attempt to find the toilet at night behind her house.
But, I have lived in many countries and pissing outdoors is nothing new or a Khmer thing.
One of my favorite parts of The Trailor Park boys was Ricky's pops and his piss jugs...
A piss jug comes in handy on a long drive.....as I recall
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

explorer wrote:Also, never sit below the baby upstairs.
Umm, villagers don’t diaper the baby at home, only when going out. Or when the foreigner comes to visit.

So holding or carrying a baby at home is also dicey as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic