Random musings of a motodop.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Random musings of a motodop.

Post by newkidontheblock »

After accompanying her best friend’s auntie to and from Kampot yesterday to sign and thumbprint some papers for hard title, missus still had to go to a birthday party that night.

So she called up a PassApp motodop. Bajaj pulled up and she got it. And then the weirdness started.

The driver told missus she was so young that must be in grade school. And that she was way too young to go out at night. He then commented on her beauty by contrasting her with an morbidly obese foreigner lady on a moto next to them. Furthermore, he said she looked like the type that went out every night, and that didn’t come back home until the next day. Then followed it up with she must have many men and must have contemplated suicide frequently because she was a working girl. And he asked if she wanted to confess her suicidal thoughts to him.

Entire ride was like this. At the end, he couldn’t stop talking long enough to get paid. And then demanded extra for making him cross-examine her.

There are times that I am so glad I’m not fluent in Khmer. This is definitely one of them.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Random musings of a motodop.

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:46 am After accompanying her best friend’s auntie to and from Kampot yesterday to sign and thumbprint some papers for hard title, missus still had to go to a birthday party that night.

So she called up a PassApp motodop. Bajaj pulled up and she got it. And then the weirdness started.

The driver told missus she was so young that must be in grade school. And that she was way too young to go out at night. He then commented on her beauty by contrasting her with an morbidly obese foreigner lady on a moto next to them. Furthermore, he said she looked like the type that went out every night, and that didn’t come back home until the next day. Then followed it up with she must have many men and must have contemplated suicide frequently because she was a working girl. And he asked if she wanted to confess her suicidal thoughts to him.

Entire ride was like this. At the end, he couldn’t stop talking long enough to get paid. And then demanded extra for making him cross-examine her.

There are times that I am so glad I’m not fluent in Khmer. This is definitely one of them.
Don t you think the 15,000 km distance between you and your "missus" is the real issue?. Speaking Khmer isn t going to protect your "better half" from being hit on if you are halfway around the world. I suppose you could call the Passapp driver up and give him a piece of your mind but he would know that any threat you were to make was hollow. You could forbid her from interaction with men or not allow her to travel alone. Or given this is the love that you "searched my entire life, decades and decades, for it. Dead ends, false starts. Jesus wept over those." you could wallow in the satisfaction other men find her desirable and she still chooses you....over a PassApp driver.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Motodop/therapist could be a hot hybrid industry. Like cronuts were.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Ummm... it’s in the asinine forum, because it’s...

Asinine.

But thank you for all the serious criticisms on something completely asinine...
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Good year, wrong place for saving-time therapies. That might work in the silicon valley, in Seoul, Tokyo, New York though ? Hard to look at you patient in the eyes while driving, maybe he's a multitasking genius
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic