Cambodia Expat Lost and Found in USA

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia Expat Lost and Found in USA

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Lost:

Man Disappears From LAX After Arriving From Cambodia

Authorities asked for the public’s help Tuesday in locating a 70-year-old man who went missing after getting off an international flight at Los Angeles International Airport.

Evergreen International Airlines confirmed to CBS2 that Walter Wenko arrived at the airport Monday from Cambodia but hasn’t been seen since.

According to the LAPD, Wenko was last seen leaving the U.S. Customs area.

“I went to ask Customs what was happening and they said they didn’t have anybody by that name,” said Sandra Madera, Wenko’s daughter. “Then, I started to sort of panic because I thought, if he’s not down there, and I haven’t seen him, where is he?”

Wenko’s family said he had not returned home and may be in need of medical attention.

Wenko’s family said he is an immigration attorney who was spending his retirement in Asia and spent the past year in Cambodia.

However, Wenko suffered two falls recently and had a concussion and memory loss.

“The Embassy felt that it was time for him to come home and get medical attention. They didn’t have the kind of specialized care that he needs,” Madera said.

Wenko was described as a Caucasian male with black and white hair and blue eyes. He is roughly 6 feet tall and weighs around 130 pounds. He did not pick up his luggage.

“I’m just worried because it’s already been one overnight and with his memory problem, probably exhaustion from traveling, I just don’t know what condition he’s in,” she said.

CBS2′s Serene Branson reports that Wenko was last seen wearing jeans, a light-colored shirt, and brown sandals. He may have had a dark-colored backpack.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/11/ ... ht-at-lax/

And found:

Elderly Man Who Went Missing at LAX is Reunited With Family

An elderly man who went missing after flying into LAX has been reunited with his family.

Walter Wenko, 70, disappeared after arriving back home in Los Angeles on Monday after flying in from Cambodia, where he retired after working as an immigration attorney.

His stepdaughter Sandra Madera had been waiting for him at the airport, where she expected him to be wheeled into the arrival lounge on a wheelchair.

His luggage arrived, but not him.
Wenko had taken a shuttle to Union Station instead, and went to eat at a Philippe's eatery, Madera said.

After he ate, he fell over a few times, and a taxi driver stepped in to help and took him to County/USC hospital for treatment.

"I guess during the course of his walking around downtown, he fell a couple of times," Madera said.

An off-duty employee recognized Wenko from an NBC4 report and told hospital staff.

When the pair was finally reunited, Madera said Wenko cried and told her he knew she would find him.

"There’s an army of people that care about him and me, and that made him cry," Madera said. "Last night I posted (that) I had been searching for him for seven and a half hours, and I felt so alone. I just want to get him back home. I want him to be safe."

Wenko was in stable condition at the hospital undergoing tests as of Wednesday afternoon.

The U.S. Embassy helped make arrangements for Wenko, a former immigration attorney from the San Gabriel Valley to return due to concerns over his health.

"He fell a couple of times and it seemed to cause a brain injury, and the only reason that we really know this is he began to behave differently. He was losing his memory, he was acting vague and distant," Madera said.

Correction: An earlier version of this article reported a nurse called NBC4 after recognizing Wenko, but a male off-duty hospital employee notified hospital staff upon seeing Wenko.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... 67751.html#
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Cambodia Expat Lost and Found in USA

Post by OrangeDragon »

Anyone know this guy?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

OrangeDragon wrote:Anyone know this guy?
He looked like this when they found him:

Doesn't look familiar to me.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Chatter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by General Chatter »

lucky to have such a caring daughter.......we dont many feel stories with happy endings....
I was born with nothing , and I still have most of it left.

ChessCube Account name is generalchat
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

The US customs Nazi's didn't know anything about him? They are worse than useless and rude. He was in their computer system, but they were too lazy to check. They once had me followed to/from Thailand because I was able to go there a couple times a year. They put a young guy in the seat next to me on the airplane.(to get information) Next year he's checking my bags at Sea-Tac airport in Seattle. They had computers and could have also checked the hospitals, etc.

US Customs is now called ICE, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Not a very friendly sounding US agency name and they have a massive SWAT team system, but can't seem to find millions of illegal aliens/Mexicans in America much less help find one old fart. (I can call him an old fart because I'm one also, but man does that guy look his age or more.)

Dr. Ben Carson for President!
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Oh crap, I just typed out a post and the new log in to prove your human crap came up. I entered the code and my message was gone.

Not typing it out again.
keeping_it_riel
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by keeping_it_riel »

Poor old bugger. 70 isn't really that old these days but he looks terrible.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Found!

EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic