Man Arrested for Cutting Off a Woman's Hand and Throwing Acid on Her

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Re: Man Arrested for Cutting Off a Woman's Hand and Throwing Acid on Her

Post by siliconlife »

I don't know... In some ways I just feel dismayed that these crimes are still happening significantly in 2020 since I first came here in '09, pandemic or no...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

siliconlife wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:49 pm I don't know... In some ways I just feel dismayed that these crimes are still happening significantly in 2020 since I first came here in '09, pandemic or no...
I agree with you. I don't know what the causes are, but there seem to be more violent crimes for stupid reasons recently. Lots of drink and drug related crimes. And a lot of domestic violence against women. Like you, I am dismayed and appalled.
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

Despicable act of cowardice and monstrosity
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

The act of cutting off a hand is usually related to the victim being a thief. Would like to know the whole story.
Btw I can buy acid at my local battery shop around the corner.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

canucklhead wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:07 pm The act of cutting off a hand is usually related to the victim being a thief. Would like to know the whole story.
Btw I can buy acid at my local battery shop around the corner.
Yes, she must have asked for it..... :roll: :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It seems this attack was actually in February 2019 and they just caught the suspect:

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... med-victim
Silence, exile, and cunning.
MacShroom
Tourist
Uruguay

Post by MacShroom »

Reminds me of London where many horrendous violent acts are committed with knives and machetes...
Maybe you can control guns but maniacs still find ways to murder and maim...
Knives, hatchets, machetes, cars, trucks...
Renting a truck for an afternoon and running people down on bridges where they have nowhere to escape to unless they jump.
Using rice and sugar cane tools are normal or a cleaver like every Khmer household has.
When the Samurai conquered the Ryukyu Islands they had swords..
They forbid the 'Okinawans' to have weapons.
The locals came up with empty hand techniques later called Karate in Japanese.
Simple farm tools were also included.
A brief study of Okinawan Martial Arts will show Katas containing various farm implements..
So, to say this is some crazy behavior brought on by the chinese plague has a bit of truth.
But, the kilos of Ice everywhere sure add to the chaos.
I do agree things will worsen.
china has caused a domino principle to flatten the World's economy.
The poor here already had it rough.
Toss in fishing jobs that generations of Khmer and Cham people held are gone forcing these skilled people to go to PP and drive a tuk tuk..
People taking out more and more loans and getting further in debt.
Some ICE just makes chopping off a limb or head as easy as killing a duck.
I think the entire World is becoming more dangerous.
2021 will probably be more brutal.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

good to see someone with positive thoughts
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Jilted lover who threw acid in his girlfriend’s face and hacked her hand off with a meat cleaver is jailed in Cambodia

Kub Pha, 43, was on the run for 18 months before he was caught by police
He was convicted of attacking his girlfriend San Chenda who lost her left hand
Pha was sentenced in absentia to 14 years which began when he was arrested

By Nicole Conner

Published: 10:19 BST, 10 September 2020 | Updated: 12:05 BST, 10 September 2020
[img][/img
A man who threw acid in his girlfriend's face and hacked her hand off with a meat cleaver has been jailed.

Kub Pha, 43, was on the run for 18 months before he was caught by police in Cambodia.

He was convicted in his absence of attacking his girlfriend San Chenda in the commune of Kandoeng in the district of Bati in the Cambodian province of Takeo.
He was sentenced in absentia to 14 years which began as soon as he was arrested according to The Sun.

The suspect was arrested after an 18-month manhunt for the attack on his girlfriend, which resulted in her losing her left hand.

According to a National Police report, Pha attacked his lover because she wanted to split up with him.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... bodia.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: Sentence reduced!
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The Supreme Court on the afternoon of September 29, 2021 announced the appeal verdict of the sentence of 43-year-old Kup Pha, and sentenced him to 10 years in prison and changed the civil compensation to 400 million riels from 800 million riels.

Please be reminded that the accused was sentenced by the lower and middle courts to 14 years in prison in connection with the case of attempted murder with a machete on a woman who is a lover, because he was angry at her for kicking his testicles. The victim was named San Chenda, a 25-year-old female factory worker who lived in the same village / commune as the accused.

On April 5, 2020, the accused named Kup Pha was tried by the Takeo Provincial Court and sentenced to jail for 14 years and ordered to pay compensation to the victim in the amount of 800 million Riel for "attempted murder committed in Preah Mlop village, Kandeung commune, Bati district, Takeo province, committed on 27 February 2019. Offenses under Articles 27 and 199 Of the Penal Code."

After the Takeo Provincial Court sentenced the accused, he was upset and appealed to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court of Appeal. The Appeals Chamber thenreduced the sentence from 14 to 10 years, and reduced the compensation to the victim from 800 million riels to 400 million riels.

In summary, the facts that led the court to sentence the accused from 14 years to 10 years: Defendant Kup Pha admitted his guilt and admitted that he "had indeed beaten the victim." There is no intention to kill his mistress, as this story started from a small verbal dispute between the couple, until the victim kicked him in the testicle, causing him to get angry and pull out a knife and cut off the victim's wrist.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic