CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Khmer440.com FINALLY admits we exist! (with link!)

Post by vladimir »

General Mackevili wrote:we've already been a huge thorn in his site.
GM made a workable pun!

Now, can someone come up with a decent thread?

Where can I get an abortion? I found out this morning I'm pregnant! Maybe at a Caltex Cervix Centre?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

kiwiincambodia wrote:I'm with Richard on this.

Let's be our own forum instead of mentioning K440 every 3rd post.
I don't think it's mentioned every third post. There are alot of threads on here (only 3 devoted to k440 at my count); I also think it's a legitimate subject.

With all the modfuckery that has gone on and just the bitter vibe at that place, it's somewhat cathartic and freeing to see people post so openly about.

Eventually it will die down, and yeah this site needs to be it's own place with it's own content and own vibe. But I think looking around it's headed in that direction.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

FreeSocrates! wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:I'm with Richard on this.

Let's be our own forum instead of mentioning K440 every 3rd post.
I don't think it's mentioned every third post. There are alot of threads on here (only 3 devoted to k440 at my count); I also think it's a legitimate subject.

With all the modfuckery that has gone on and just the bitter vibe at that place, it's somewhat cathartic and freeing to see people post so openly about.

Eventually it will die down, and yeah this site needs to be it's own place with it's own content and own vibe. But I think looking around it's headed in that direction.
I agree and honestly want this board to succeed. There are a lot of great threads already and agree that this is moving in the right direction.

On a separate note I would like to commend you on your excellent usage of mudfuckery once again. Best word I've heard in ages.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

I think as long as we don't get to serious about ourselves and can continue to laugh at ourselves, then this forum will power on. The main problem,as I saw it, on K440, was certain people had a sense of being superior to others. Their opinion was the only one that counted, they knew better then anyone else and if you didn't agree with them, then you could just fuck right off you fucktard. I think its very important to remember the old adage that opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one. Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make you a fucktard/twat/wanker, whatever. It simply means that your opinion is different from mine.
This is going to become a problem the bigger we get, we ( all of us) just have to remember to try to keep things in perspective. We aren't really solving the problems of the world here, no forum anywhere is, it is simply an outlet for our emotions and a way of having an intelligent discourse with people that we (hopefully) respect on some level.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Hotdigr wrote:I think as long as we don't get to serious about ourselves and can continue to laugh at ourselves, then this forum will power on. The main problem,as I saw it, on K440, was certain people had a sense of being superior to others. Their opinion was the only one that counted, they knew better then anyone else and if you didn't agree with them, then you could just fuck right off you fucktard. I think its very important to remember the old adage that opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one. Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't make you a fucktard/twat/wanker, whatever. It simply means that your opinion is different from mine.
This is going to become a problem the bigger we get, we ( all of us) just have to remember to try to keep things in perspective. We aren't really solving the problems of the world here, no forum anywhere is, it is simply an outlet for our emotions and a way of having an intelligent discourse with people that we (hopefully) respect on some level.
Well, I don't agree with you! Wanker! Areshole! Fucktard!

Ha! Just kiddin'...I'm actually envious of you...with that uber-budget lifestyle of yours nestled next to a fine bird as well....
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

keeping_it_riel wrote:1) Strange that when General Z was confronted yesterday about the letter to our sponsor which also bagged Cavern, HE KNEW ALL ABOUT IT. This was before I made my post here. How could he have known about it?

2) He agreed last week not to bombard K440 members with spam ads for his site. After he made this agreement, he secretly signed up to K440 under the name DanielCraig and then sent out dozens of spam messages saying he had been banned from K440 forever and telling people to join his site. (He hasn't even been banned from 440. We just disabled his a/c to stop him spamming people.)

Basically, he is full of shit and lying his ass off.

Ok. Hopefully my last post on this matter...

I have claimed all along to have not lied to anyone at all, not even in the slightest, during the creation of CEO.

I stand by that, 100%. #transparency

I will address KiR's points from above.

I'm just trying to clear my good name.

1) Not calling him a liar, but he's saying that I "knew all about it" yesterday when I was confronted. Definitely not true.

First, let me say that KiR can't possibly know for sure what I said, because I didn't say it to him, so I'll be willing to write it off as miscommunication (again).

Secondly, I asked the person that "confronted" me about it yesterday to help clear up this confusion, and they were very polite, and said they wanted nothing more to do with this discussion, and said, "But no, if you want to correct it I suggest you do it yourself."

I will keep this person 100% anonymous, please do NOT post about or ask who it was. They said I could correct it myself, and here is my best attempt...

Summary: They said "who is Richard?"

I had no clue in the world what they were talking about, BUT instead of saying "I don't know anything. I promise. Why do you ask?" I pretty much said "Tell me what you know, and then I'll tell you what I know."

If I had said the first choice, they wouldn't have told me any more, and I wouldn't have even known what I was being accused of. I even explained my reasoning/wording to them right then and there.

They went ahead and told me a little bit about what they knew, and I immediately turned around and told them what I knew: NOTHING

Simple as that, and now I'm being called a liar and being misquoted.

So here it is, unedited as possible, ONLY to protect everyone's identity except my own here.

Again, I have no shame and no secrets about how we run and operate CEO.

I would have preferred that said person would have helped me clear my name, but I understand they want nothing now to do with this bickering, and that's fine since they gave me the go ahead to clear it up myself.

And again, I'm not calling KiR a liar, but he's definitely wrong about what he heard I said.

Anonymous transcript from yesterday. My writing is in green:

Hope that clears things up.

2) Gavin already cleared my name of this over there, so no more comments necessary.

P.S. And if one of would be so kind as to post this over on K440 again, I'd really appreciate it, thx.

#transparency
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

LoL obviously Revenge Richard!

Kind of looks like your correspondent was suggesting you might be physically harmed General.
Maybe a posse will come to your regular pub and detain the patrons for a beat down!
Last edited by frank lee bent on Tue May 27, 2014 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

OK OK, G-Mack...I've never known you to lie...yet I've never known you to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you god.

You, my friend, are the princely dweller of the grey purgatory between pure truth and bottomless deceit....& you're a better person for it I say....
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Good post HD.

I'm happy if the intellectuals stay over there posting to themselves if they don't want to come over, but more than welcome here too, also those who take themselves too seriously, seeing themselves as 'big fish' in the small pond and like to twist threads so they become a vehicle for their egos.

Anyway, the cracks are in the dike and the little boy's finger is getting tired...
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Do none of you guys fucking sleep?! Wow... The stuff people post at 4am...

It's obvious that K440 will have a bigger following as they have first-mover's advantage. Both K440 and livingincambodia are on google's first page, so CEO needs to do some work if they want to attract first-time visitors (you obviously don't want a forum filled with newbies, but I think long-timers hear bout stuff from the mouth of other expats, so that's not really an issue).

Most of my favourite posters are admittedly still on K440, but the majority of them only post once in a blue moon, so I really don't miss out on much by checking K440 once every day or two for new threads. CEO has a growing number of posters I like, so I think things are balancing out. As for content, well, to be honest this place just started out so I think content-wise it's doing great for a new forum. In contrast, I think content, both in quality and quantity, has gone down significantly on K440. What have been the high-volume/interesting threads in the past two weeks? Liam Strother?! Breakfast tea?!

I'm also in the opinion that there's room for several forums. After KIR got in a spat and banned Pucket, I checked out the Living in Cambodia forums (which I'd never even heard of) and I actually think it's a pretty cool site that caters to some interesting guys (farming, living rurally etc). It definitely has it's niche market, one that K440 could never cater to. CEO seems to be finding its voice, but I think the admins at K440 reacted way too strongly to what they viewed (in a knee-jerk reaction) as an immediate threat that needed to be exterminated, or at the very least muffled. Also, some posters only seem to have drifted here because they hate a particular mod or something, which can be a bit boring and I honestly don't see why people should always get all worked up about it. Yes, Scobienz was made a mod. I personally like the guy. He was one of the posters who actually called out others (including mods and KIR) on their weird double-standards. I personally don't care about the little personal wars people have and would rather see fewer remarks about moderators in public threads here, or about K440 in general. I also don't get the whole "CEO is full of sexpats", or "K440 is full of sexpats" thing. I honestly don't see either as catering to sexpats so would rather see the mudslinging go away. Makes a lot of people look extremely childish.

I also know several other posters came here because they think K440 is too aggressive, but I don't mind it. It's something I even liked. I love it when Lucky Lucan rightfully tells someone they're an idiot, or when ricecakes tells someone he's a fag. What I found increasingly boring on K440 were the troll-like shit-stirring, attention-grabbing posters who constantly crept up and were allowed to post their bullshit while other (contributing) members were whimsically banned or their posts erased without anyone knowing about it. A few of these crappy posters do seem to have found their way here (jonnohitler...?) and unless they adjust their posting content, they might drive away some people.

On the plus side, Vladimir also doesn't seem to be posting 50 puns per day on either site, and OD is obviously too busy to post more than one or two (mostly interesting) posts per day, so things are pretty good I'd say (though we haven't had a gun-control debate yet)! As Mack said, I think the forum is what the users make of it. The more quality content is posted, the more interesting it'll become and the more like-minded people will start posting. And I mean like-minded in terms on interests, not necessarily in a robot-like way where everyone has the same opinion. I also find it extremely refreshing to see some posters here in a different light on CEO. Hotdigr, for example, used to be a total drunken idiot on K440. Angry all the fucking time, threatening everyone, using weird Aussie slang that no one understood ( ;) ) and so on. I've now discovered a totally different side to him and I like it quite a bit. Seems just being in a different setting has brought out a whole new side of him which used to be hidden (to me at least). He's posted some really insightful stuff on here that I never would have thought possible before. I also found dagenham somewhat annoying on K440, but he also seems to have taken a different persona here. Sounds corny but I think it's true. Sorry if I hurt some feelings. 8)
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic