Looking for bench top cooker

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Looking for bench top cooker

Post by atst »

Looking for cooker similar to the picture restaurant streath I'm sick of buying and later having to fix only to stuff up the regular cookers sold over here

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Looking for bench top cooker

Post by atst »

This is the closest thing I've found to what I want will look at more next week after the holidays

What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Well I went to lucky flame in Phnom Penh brought the cooker pictured above been busy but today tried the cooker out, one burner good the other only a soft flame, rang the shop, bad luck they won't change the burner this seems to be a Cambodian thing they give you shit products and expect you to go buy another one
What can I do apart from thowing the shitty burner though thier window.
Lucky flame is supposed to be a great Thailand product.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Well three days no drinking brain has shut down, there's an adjustment on the burners so all's good.
It still doesn't change the fact that the shop gives no customer service and won't even replace a new faulty product, once you leave the shop it's your problem Cambodia no wonder I've given up on the place
Now where's the fridge
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

atst wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:00 am Well three days no drinking brain has shut down, there's an adjustment on the burners so all's good.
It still doesn't change the fact that the shop gives no customer service and won't even replace a new faulty product, once you leave the shop it's your problem Cambodia no wonder I've given up on the place
Now where's the fridge
Same way I would say. Now will you go for the exclusive Thai model, being of good preportion and energy efficient, freezer box top or bottom, traditional white or flashy silver, or possibly a colour blue, red or yellow, has they say Sir the choice is yours! Without possible guarantee or any aftersales imput.
I had the Thai model without problems, but in Phnom Penh I decided to go with an exceptional second hand Japanese model.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

atst wrote -
"the shop gives no customer service and won't even replace a new faulty product, once you leave the shop it's your problem" in regard to his new gas cooker.
I had a similar problem when buying 2 new fridges in a well known store in Siem Reap. I had just sold my Camry for $800 more than I thought I was going to get prior to moving to Vietnam in March so thought I would buy a new fridge for two of my friends to say thanks for everything while I was living there for the past 3 years. The fridges were on special for about $220 so thought it was a good deal and free delivery was thrown in so even better. I passed on the addresses for the shop to deliver to and later that night I asked my friends if everything went okay and both replied that the fridges were working and would help the families out but in both cases one of the adjustable legs was missing. When they asked about where the missing parts were the answer in both cases was "they didn't come with the item but we can sell you one for $30." I wanted to go back to the store and complain probably very loudly but was told it was okay and not too worry about it as that was how it is in Cambodia. I said that it was a scam and they had probably opened the boxes and removed the missing part but was told not too worry and they would put something under the fridge to level it off.
As it was I didn't get a chance to go back to the store before I left 2 days later but I did try and call several times only to be told the person I wanted to speak to (the salesman) wasn't available and there was no one else who could speak English.
Ah yes truly the Kingdom of Wonder.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Same here when in the shop many people could speak English but when I rang they couldn't.
Just wondering if I should contact the Thai office and let them know how thier franchises act

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic