WTB immersion water heating coil

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

WTB immersion water heating coil

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Hi all,

Looking for this device for traveling. Used to have one when traveling but haven't really seen one for a long time. It would be very convenient for instant noodles, coffee, boiled meat, etc.

Have you seen these for sale around Phnom Penh somewhere?

bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: WTB immersion water heating coil

Post by bittermelon »

I have never seen one and I have done quite a bit of looking. Ended up getting one of those little stainless electric pots instead, cost about 6$.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I've bought a couple on Street 111(?) just south of Orussey. 5000r.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

bittermelon wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:50 pm I have never seen one and I have done quite a bit of looking. Ended up getting one of those little stainless electric pots instead, cost about 6$.
Yes, I considered that as well. Takes up a lot of space, but you'd have to have some kind of cup to heat up water anyway.

How small are you talking about and where did you get it?
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:59 pm I've bought a couple on Street 111(?) just south of Orussey. 5000r.
Great, thanks! I'll see if I can find one...
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:42 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:59 pm I've bought a couple on Street 111(?) just south of Orussey. 5000r.
Bit hazy on the street number sorry, could be 115 or 125. Just head south from 182 and it's a good size store with kitchenware in front, on your right within the first block.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:22 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:42 pm
Bit hazy on the street number sorry, could be 115 or 125. Just head south from 182 and it's a good size store with kitchenware in front, on your right within the first block.
Thanks, I could not find it at the location you mentioned, but someone in the area referred us to the light shops on Monivong, across from Wat Koh. 8000 for a small on and 10000 for a higher wattage one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic