Man Cuts Off Mother's Head

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Man Cuts Off Mother's Head

Post by Anchor Moy »

Of course someone who cuts off his mother's head is mentally ill.
All these horrible acts of violence are done by people who have mental health problems - with or without drugs, but a lot of people who are mentally unwell take drink and drugs to self-medicate.

It's very hard for the families, and there is not much help for them outside of Phnom Penh. Some new places are opening up in the provinces, but it's not enough to deal with cases.
Asianistar
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Asianistar »

atst wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:36 pm
Asianistar wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:38 pm He reportedly has severe MENTAL ILLNESS!!!

The mother came all the way from her province to take care of her son and did not try to leave him but apparently wanted to bring her son back to home to the province to find help.

The night it happens the man went out "drinking" with his friends and had mental breakdown... running around naked while the neighbor and his mother tries to catch him.

It's not always about the drug. Mental Illness is always overlooked. This guy clearly needs help. In this country... you can't afford mental illness. I made decent money and barely afford therapy. 20$-50$/session. My therapist felt so bad, she does it for free.

https://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/artic ... GIjbOlM8Jc
Don't start to defend his actions or have compassion for the family on here your insane, he was just a spoiled brat it's his parents fault, using the same logic from posters on another thread.
God wasn't looking in her direction , to busy helping a footballer score a goal at the time.
I'm not defending him. But why not compassion? The guy clearly had severe mental illness and everybody knows it including his relative but had to hide his diagnosis to be able to work for 100$/month. Which part of that is being a "spoil brat"? I hope you're proud about your god & football logic analogy. That must felt great.

----------------

When authorities reached him, the suspect allegedly expressed intent to commit suicide, but police stopped him. After questioning, he admitted to using a cleaver to slit his mother’s throat because he believed a ghost had entered her body.

Sovann said the suspect has a cruel personality and if he was kept at the district police office, he could commit suicide.

Sovann said Sokha’s head was entirely separated from her body. At the crime scene, police also found a letter from the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital related to Samnang’s suspected mental problem.

“It is hard for us to say if the suspect has a mental problem. He has a confirmation letter from hospital, but it is weird that a company accepted him to work and gave him a monthly salary of $100. The work card is valid until 2021,” he said.

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... az4M4WDO54
Food Fun Fuck
Asianistar
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Asianistar »

Soriya wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:14 pm
atst wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:36 pm
Asianistar wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:38 pm He reportedly has severe MENTAL ILLNESS!!!

The mother came all the way from her province to take care of her son and did not try to leave him but apparently wanted to bring her son back to home to the province to find help.

The night it happens the man went out "drinking" with his friends and had mental breakdown... running around naked while the neighbor and his mother tries to catch him.

It's not always about the drug. Mental Illness is always overlooked. This guy clearly needs help. In this country... you can't afford mental illness. I made decent money and barely afford therapy. 20$-50$/session. My therapist felt so bad, she does it for free.

https://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/artic ... GIjbOlM8Jc
Don't start to defend his actions or have compassion for the family on here your insane,
How do you defend cutting off someones head??
Stab, shoot, beat someone, an act of rage where people lash out, to an extent i get it, but cutting someones head off takes time and is not easy to do. Its gruesome and messy.
The man is an animal,mentally ill or not and deserves being wiped off the face of the earth.
As for compassion, his poor mother has mine.rip.
Again... I don't know which part I was defending his action. I'm just stating the fact that this guy clearly had severe mental illness which could have been prevented all of these if he gets the help he needed. As for compassion... said the guy who wish a human being being wiped off the face of the earth.
Hope you felt great with that poetic statement.
Food Fun Fuck
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

It appears that the man had mental health issues and that he had been seen by doctors at the Khmer-Soviet Hospital in Phnom Penh.

Man beheads mother claiming she was possessed by ghosts
Police arrested the man for the murder after preventing him from taking his own life.

By Agrima Tikader
September 1, 2020 16:30 BST

Police in Phnom Penh, Cambodia found Eam Samnang walking around naked in public after allegedly murdering his mother, Hak Sokha, on Saturday, August 29. The suspect reportedly told the police that he was going to kill himself and admitted to the murder of his mother. Unfortunately, the victim was found beheaded. The police also found a letter from a hospital regarding the suspect's mental health. The incident is being investigated while the suspect remains in police custody for his own safety.

It is unknown when the 65-year-old woman was exactly murdered. On Saturday morning, neighbours found her dead and reported the incident to the police. Her son who had been living with her in the rented home was missing from the scene.

The 32-year-old resident of Por Sen Chey district's Chaom Chao II commune was reportedly walking around naked behind the International University in Sen Sok district. Police had been looking for Samnang in relation to the murder of his mother. He told the police that he was going to take his own life. Worried for the man's safety the police took him into custody. He also admitted to slitting his mother's throat as he was convinced that she was possessed by ghosts.

An investigation into the murder was launched. Police eventually found a letter from the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital that revealed that the suspect may be suffering from a mental health disorder. Deputy district police chief Chea Sovann pointed out that even though the man had mental health issues, he was employed by a company. He has a valid work license until 2021.
https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/man-beheads-m ... ts-1682754
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

It always amazes me how these people have no problem figuring out how to kill someone else, but no clue how to commit suicide. How unfortunate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic