Chinese Gang Arrested for Kidnapping and Extortion of Young Woman

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Gang Arrested for Kidnapping and Extortion of Young Woman

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: Six Chinese suspects involved in the kidnapping of a 25-year-old Chinese woman were arrested by the Ministry of Interior's Criminal Division on the afternoon of August 25, 2020 after being notified. The victim was held for 6 hours, before being released by the police raid that took place at a condominium in Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh.
The six suspects are all Chinese gang members: TU JIAXIN, 26, YANG CHUNPING, 30, LI ZHIWEI, 26, XU YONGJUN, 31, XU HUICHENG, 28, and LIAO XIANMIN, 24.

After interrogation by the Cambodian police in Phnom Penh, the six Chinese men confessed that they had illegally detained and extorted money from the victim, ZHOU NA, a 25-year-old female with Chinese passport number E*********.
On August 28, 2020, the group of suspects appeared to the public and were sent to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court for further proceedings.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Chinese Gang Arrested for Kidnapping and Extortion of Young Woman

Post by AndyKK »

Too me a few of them don't look quiet there, if you know what I'm getting at. But I am also waiting for the so many ongoing kidnapping gangs to say "we did it because we are trapped" in Cambodia. Still it says in the above - the group of suspects appeared to the public and were sent to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court for further proceedings. But I don't recall of any convicted of this crime.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:07 am Too me a few of them don't look quiet there, if you know what I'm getting at. But I am also waiting for the so many ongoing kidnapping gangs to say "we did it because we are trapped" in Cambodia. Still it says in the above - the group of suspects appeared to the public and were sent to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court for further proceedings. But I don't recall of any convicted of this crime.
No, I don't know what you're getting at. Please explain.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Tarndog wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:07 am
AndyKK wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:07 am Too me a few of them don't look quiet there, if you know what I'm getting at. But I am also waiting for the so many ongoing kidnapping gangs to say "we did it because we are trapped" in Cambodia. Still it says in the above - the group of suspects appeared to the public and were sent to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court for further proceedings. But I don't recall of any convicted of this crime.
They have been caught for commiting a crime, so that can account for some of their facial expressions. But, it looks too like they have been woken maybe from sleep, or they have been drinking or taking drugs, or that they are just inbred simpletons to word it nicely for a gang of lowlife kidnappers.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Kidnapping seems to be a popular Chinese occupation
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:35 am
Tarndog wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:07 am
They have been caught for commiting a crime, so that can account for some of their facial expressions. But, it looks too like they have been woken maybe from sleep, or they have been drinking or taking drugs, or that they are just inbred simpletons to word it nicely for a gang of lowlife kidnappers.
Ahhh, ok you meant quite 'there' , not quiet there. I get it now.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:50 am Kidnapping seems to be a popular Chinese occupation
and it goes all the way to the top of Chinese society with the state kidnapping and holding all the Uighurs. The only difference is that no amount of ransom will get them back.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

August 31, 2020
Six men arrested in $30,000 kidnapping case
Phnom Penh Municipal Court charged and detained six Chinese men yesterday accused of abducting a Chinese woman and extorting $30,000 from her family for ransom.

According to court documents, which were obtained yesterday by Khmer Times, the six Chinese men were identified as Yang Chunping, 30; Tu Jiaxin, 26; Li Zhiwei, 26; Xu Yong Jun, 31; Xu Hui Cheng, 28; and Liao Xian Min, 24. None of the men had jobs or permanent addresses in Cambodia.

The victim has been identified as Zhou Na, 25, a businesswoman living in Chamkar Mon district in Tonle Bassac commune.

The six men were charged with “arrest, detention and unlawful confinement” under Article 253 of the Criminal Code.

They face from two to five years in prison each if convicted.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50758769/s ... ping-case/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic