Chanrey Tree Restaurant.

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Chanrey Tree Restaurant.

Post by armchairlawyer »

Leighton Travels wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:23 am Just caught up with this thread. It's always interesting to see people's responses to shared links. Thanks to the people who contributed to this thread and to those who got in touch to support the site. People really seem to get their knickers in a twist over self promotion. I spend a ludicrous amount of time writing travel articles, which of course I want people to read. I make little money from it, just about enough to cover my costs. I'm not "selling" anything. I'm in this for the right reasons, I just want to produce good travel content. I won't allow adds on the site and, at the end of the day, it's just shared information. I share it exclusively on my own platform so that I have full control over the design of my articles. I also want them to be as visually engaging as possible. People like Kung Fu Hillbilly, whose criticisms come with a tiring sense of inherent superiority complex, get so hung up on the fact that I want people to click on my site. So what? The assumption that I don't want to communicate with people any other way is false. Every day I contribute to various sites, comment threads and forums. I just don't have the time nor inclination to do that on every platform I'm involved with. It's an article, read it or don't read it. If you like it, maybe read some more. If you don't, give me a miss. If an administrator wants to block me from the site, that's their right. In the meantime, I'll just keep chugging away doing what I do. Thanks again everyone.
It might be a good idea to explain the non-commercial policy in your OP next time. There are many click baits around.
BTW, did you pay for the meal?
Leighton Travels
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Leighton Travels »

Thanks, you make a good point. I'll consider that, along with a suggestion about making an excerpt available on future CEO posts. Yeah, we paid for our meal. In most cases that's how it pans out. There are occasions here and there, when we pre-arrange interviews with business owners, that they insist on treating us at the end of the process. Those have been the only times we've taken a complimentary meal. But I think my site may benefit from the inclusion of the message "all views are our own, unpaid etc". Thanks for the feedback.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

just next time you enter a restaurant announce ur a well followed Influencer with a website of followers in the tens of thousands

Just do the review here and add a link to you site at the bottom>
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic