The world has loved hated and envied the US.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Re: The world has loved hated and envied the US.

Post by Apollo91881 »

angsta wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:25 pm
TheImplication wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:45 am They think it started with Trump? Just lol. 8 years of Obama was way worse.
Yeah, yeah. He wasn't even an Amerikkkan. Did anyone actually see his birth certificate?? I mean did you??? Middle name Hussein. Once wore a tan suit!! Showing off with his complete sentences and pronunciation! Actually being able to hold a conversation! I've red pilled brotha, keep watchin the lame stream media MAGA2020!!
Sarcasm ... please be sarcasm
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

Definitely sarcasm, but a pretty convincing impersonation I think you'll agree.

Western men in their mid to late 50's who have lived abroad for 10+ years are usually the biggest offenders. YouTube algorithms kill.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
aggro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by aggro »

sigmoid wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:42 amWhy the constant need to worry about America?
Because:

1 of 20 people on earth is American.

The US economy produces around one quarter of the world's wealth.

170,000+ members of the US military are stationed in 150 countries. The US has 587 military bases in 42 countries.

The US is a heavily armed nuclear power.

The US Dollar is the world's reserve currency.

All of this is objective fact, independent of any of our politics or opinions.
Anty
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anty »

As an American, it’s...its...so depressing.

I’m a vet, Army. I love my country. It’s lost it’s shit and my own children are not going to live there. They don't want to.

This is America. As much as I despise Trump it started well before that, he has just thrown it all into stark relief.

I’ve recused myself from America, on grounds of nepotism. I love her, and I can’t stand her, and I’m just totally done. I’ll Live in kind of terrible countries and judge them but they won’t be my country. So it’s ok. I have the privilege to remove myself...so I am.

I am heartbreakingly sad actually.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Anty wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:03 pm As an American, it’s...its...so depressing.

I’m a vet, Army. I love my country. It’s lost it’s shit and my own children are not going to live there. They don't want to.

This is America. As much as I despise Trump it started well before that, he has just thrown it all into stark relief.

I’ve recused myself from America, on grounds of nepotism. I love her, and I can’t stand her, and I’m just totally done. I’ll Live in kind of terrible countries and judge them but they won’t be my country. So it’s ok. I have the privilege to remove myself...so I am.

Come on brother..........hold fast..........America needs its good, solid citizens now more than ever............you were there in the good times........don't jump ship when things get rough........America has been through worse and we'll get through this.......hope to see you at the finish line. :thumb:

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Brody wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:04 pm Image
OK, maybe there is hope for the US.
Anty
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anty »

Brody wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:04 pm
Anty wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:03 pm As an American, it’s...its...so depressing.

Come on brother..........hold fast..........America needs its good, solid citizens now more than ever............you were there in the good times........don't jump ship when things get rough........America has been through worse and we'll get through this.......hope to see you at the finish line. :thumb:

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

Thank you. It’s sister actually...and I still vote but past that, gah. I dunno.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic