Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by ExPenhMan »

EVA Airlines cancelled my mid-September flight from Bangkok to Taipei on Wednesday last week. The next day, I got an email cancelling Taipei to Canada.

I pretty much knew I was not going -- for many reasons, the key one being I have no idea whether I can return to SEA within 3-4 weeks. Almost definitely not.

The flights were re-bookings from the April cancellations. I have until Dec. 31 to request a refund or re-book this return leg. There was not even a hint of a suggestion that I could rebook in the same week or month, or any other time this year

Hmmm, looks like maybe spring 2021.
Rtrac
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Rtrac »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:27 pm EVA Airlines cancelled my mid-September flight from Bangkok to Taipei on Wednesday last week. The next day, I got an email cancelling Taipei to Canada.

I pretty much knew I was not going -- for many reasons, the key one being I have no idea whether I can return to SEA within 3-4 weeks. Almost definitely not.

The flights were re-bookings from the April cancellations. I have until Dec. 31 to request a refund or re-book this return leg. There was not even a hint of a suggestion that I could rebook in the same week or month, or any other time this year

EVA AIR has been canceling a lot of flights a few weeks prior to scheduled flight times. I had a flight cancel from SFO to PP (in the US) just last week. Got a text and email informing me of the cancelation. Strange thing, it was for one portion of the journey (the departure) for a flight out at 1:20 am Thursday. I was able to rebook for a “new” flight (has a new flight #) for the same days but leaves 20 minutes earlier (1 am Thursday)?

Just the stress of all this, I would tell anyone who does not have to travel to postpone till Summer or Fall 2021 (or indefinitely, because who in their right mind wants to go through all this?).
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

yep, best stay in your own country and learn to play the penny whistle or something, could come in handy...
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

It's a start . . .

Singapore Changi Airport is allowing transit passengers from Sept. 1. You will have a 48-hour window for transits.
SIA, SilkAir and Scoot customers can transit through Singapore Changi Airport from selected points in Asia, Europe and the South West Pacific region to any destination in the SIA Group network currently operated by SIA, SilkAir or Scoot.

For the latest cities approved for transit flights through Singapore, please refer to the table here. *Link to table of cities below.

Please note that the transit flights are only for outbound journeys from the cities in the list below. Passengers will not be able to transit from other points in the SIA Group network through Singapore into these cities.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/m ... d=kataac8r

*Table of ORIGIN cities approved for transits on the Singapore Airlines network.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pdf/ ... ransit.pdf
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Japan to partly lift travel bans on Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar
ByAsahi Shimbun -
August 26, 2020

Japan will partially reopen travel to and from Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar in early September as restrictions that were imposed amid the novel coronavirus pandemic are gradually eased.

An agreement reached between Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi and his counterparts in each of the countries will allow those who have a long-term residency permit in Japan, such as technical interns and business people, to travel back and forth between them.
In full: http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/13665907
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:16 am It's a start . . .

Singapore Changi Airport is allowing transit passengers from Sept. 1. You will have a 48-hour window for transits.
SIA, SilkAir and Scoot customers can transit through Singapore Changi Airport from selected points in Asia, Europe and the South West Pacific region to any destination in the SIA Group network currently operated by SIA, SilkAir or Scoot.

For the latest cities approved for transit flights through Singapore, please refer to the table here. *Link to table of cities below.

Please note that the transit flights are only for outbound journeys from the cities in the list below. Passengers will not be able to transit from other points in the SIA Group network through Singapore into these cities.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/m ... d=kataac8r

*Table of ORIGIN cities approved for transits on the Singapore Airlines network.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pdf/ ... ransit.pdf
First time I've seen Phnom Penh on the list good news indeed, if I was still stuck in Australia chances of getting a flight to PP have increased
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

https://www.traveller.com.au/fernando-d ... d19-h1qdxw

That’s an interesting way to open up....
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

the first country i have seen that officially states, thats it for 2020
no tourists

Malaysia: Authorities announce extension of COVID-19 restrictions until December 31
Malaysian authorities have announced that restrictions in place to limit the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) are to remain in place until December 31. A recovery movement control order (MCO) has been extended, permitting the government to quickly handle localized outbreaks of the disease. A ban on foreign tourists entering the country has also been extended until the end of the year.

International borders remain closed and entry into Malaysia is prohibited, except for Malaysian nationals and non-citizens holding certain categories of resident and employment passes or granted special entry. All arrivals must undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine at a government facility. Individuals may be required to take a COVID-19 test on arrival and on completion of quarantine.
https://www.garda.com/crisis24/news-ale ... -awchhWqZ0

Will Burma, Cambodia, Laos follow?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
nickin910
Tourist
United States of America

Post by nickin910 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:27 pm EVA Airlines cancelled my mid-September flight from Bangkok to Taipei on Wednesday last week. The next day, I got an email cancelling Taipei to Canada.

I'm flying Singapore Airlines. I leave September the 5th. So far everything's on schedule. All of my bags will be checked through although there will be a layover.

They are allowing certain travelers coming from certain cities or countries to transit through.

Punch in from what city you want to travel from and where you are going to see what comes up for you.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/hk/h ... bookflight
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Some international direct flights to Beijing will resume tomorrow, 3 September 2020.

China will gradually resume direct international flights to Beijing
02 Sep 2020 04:49PM
BEIJING: China's aviation regulator said on Wednesday (Sep 2) it will resume direct flights to Beijing from eight countries including Thailand, Cambodia, Greece, Denmark, Sweden and Canada from Sep 3.

In March, Chinese authorities ordered all international flights to Beijing to be diverted to other airports as their first port of entry, as the capital stepped up measures to battle imported infections.

The Civil Aviation Administration of China said it would reimpose such curbs if more than three passengers test positive for the coronavirus upon arrival and load factors on such flights would be strictly controlled.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... t-13075572
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic