Bali closed till end of year

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Bali closed till end of year

Post by phuketrichard »

thats going to hurt.....alot....
Its been dead for a few years cause of Mt Agung
Planning a trip to Bali? Think again. Bali’s borders are closed for foreign tourists for the rest of the year. The Indonesian island was set to lift restrictions on September 11, but the Bali governor says it is still not safe to have people entering and leaving due to the coronavirus pandemic. Thailand has also pushed international tourist travel until at least 2021.
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/bali ... until-2021
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Bali closed till end of year

Post by crob »

Will be curious to see how these places bounce back next year... Whilst there are those out there struggling, there are many like me frothing for a holiday.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

crob wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:50 pm Will be curious to see how these places bounce back next year... Whilst there are those out there struggling, there are many like me frothing for a holiday.
Next year? You’re more optimistic than I am.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Ryan754326 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:46 pm
crob wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:50 pm Will be curious to see how these places bounce back next year... Whilst there are those out there struggling, there are many like me frothing for a holiday.
Next year? You’re more optimistic than I am.
I have hope this Oxford vaccine will work, or safe country will create a travel bubble due to new fast testing systems.
atkins, k
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by atkins, k »

None of the MSM is really reporting on this yet, but on the far corners of the internet its being whispered that people who have recovered are not immune from catching it a "few" months later. I can imagine a world corona is as common as the well common cold for lack of a better term. The vaccine may work, but think of the logistics of inoculating the entire world every six months, maybe less, against a strain that may or may not be the one currently going around.
These tourist destinations are going to either have to bite the bullet and let people back and deal with corona as it comes. Or pivot to another industry and quickly. I cant imagine Bali and all its tourist infrastructure turning into a call center mecca or a manufacturing hub for the West. Only time will tell, but I can confidently say Corona is here for good, better get used to it.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

That's sad news, it has always made a nice destination for a little holiday.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic