USB-C type mouse, where to buy in PP?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

USB-C type mouse, where to buy in PP?

Post by Kammekor »

Hello all,

I am looking for a mouse with a USB-C connector. These seem to be hard to find. All I have seen so far were USB-A/B type mouses, or the wireless type. Since my laptop only has USB-C connections those are not an option, and Bluetooth mouses suck because those run out of battery too often. An adapter is another thing to carry, so trying to prevent that too.

Anyone seen a USB-C mouse somewhere in PP?
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: USB-C type mouse, where to buy in PP?

Post by Marty »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:45 am Hello all,

I am looking for a mouse with a USB-C connector. These seem to be hard to find. All I have seen so far were USB-A/B type mouses, or the wireless type. Since my laptop only has USB-C connections those are not an option, and Bluetooth mouses suck because those run out of battery too often. An adapter is another thing to carry, so trying to prevent that too.

Anyone seen a USB-C mouse somewhere in PP?
They are rare anyway even outside The Penh. How about use a bluethooth mouse with a rechargeable lithium battery? They last a long time.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Or just buy a usb c to a hub? Or even cheaper just the usb c to a cable? Then get whatever usb A wired mouse you want.

The small, ultra portable Bluetooth rodents are lacking (looking at you Microsoft). But the larger ones (mainly used for a desk), are pretty good. I’m using a Logitech MX 2S. They even have wireless ones that supposedly can keep up with gaming requirements.

Good luck OP!
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

No USB C mouse in the market here. If you have time to meet up or if you can send someone, I can give you this adapter at no cost. I am in Beoung Keng Kang 1. I bought it in Singapore. You insert the USB type A male end of the mouse to one side of this adapter and voila! it's a USB C mouse. Cheers

ImageImage
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Thanks for the offer. Adapters like that won't work on my laptop. One of the reasons USB-C is used instead of USB-B is the connectors are extremely thin (4-5 mm only) so the laptop can be even thinner. My laptop is 8,9 mm thick according to the specs (with the base maybe only 4 mm thick where the USB connects), it's the perfect laptop when comes to carrying it around, but finding a USB-C mouse is a pain in the ass and the touchpad won't do for me. Brought one USB-C mouse from Europe, but it's breaking down and no chance I will be able to get to Europe anytime soon, or even to Bangkok. In a country where Apple is so popular I'd expect to see more USB-C mouses, but I haven't found any yet.

I do have an adapter (USB-C to USB-B & HDMI), but the whole idea of this laptop was to carry it easy, and to carry as little as possible. Guess that's a no go.

I kind like the the idea of a mouse with a chargeable lithium battery in a way, but I also think it's wasting resources because there's no need for a self powered mouse since it can use the laptop's power source.

Guess I'll have to live with a USB-B mouse and start using the adapter.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

I use my Bluetooth mouse every day for a min. of 8 hours a day. I bought a "Fuhken" USB mouse here in PP for like $8 and a single Duracell battery lasts 1 month.

Since most current laptops seem to have 2 usb-c ports I believe the manufacture has thought of using the port for other peripherals and using a BT mouse. My 2 cents anyhow.
Still here, in country...
numacsys
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by numacsys »

I use a multi-port hub. Puts an end to all the trouble of plugging and unplugging.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Learning to use the Touchpad and adjusting settings for click button preferences has allowed me to be mouse free for a long time now. It's efficient to stay on the keyboard and not have to get off track to use a mouse that is not actually a requirement to use a computer. Learning a few Windows hotkeys keeps one on the keys and off of the needless puck mouse thingy that is just another accessory to fail or break. The reason I learned this technique is I am lazy and disorganized and cannot have too many moving parts to keep track of.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I will be very surprised if PTC Computer don't have them.

https://ptc-computer.com.kh/

Building #66, Street 63 Corner St 154, Sangkat Phsar Thmei I, Khan Doun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

012 765 625 / 098 710 645
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

So to report back, no USB-C mouse to be found in PP despite several searches.

Chose a Logitech Bluetooth mouse, the M557. It uses 2 AA Batteries so hoping it will last long(er). Works like a charm so far, cost me 19$.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic