Kratom

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Kratom

Post by Kratom123 »

Does anyone know the laws on kratom in cambodia? i know it is a grey area but thats about it . Anyone with more information greatly appreciated
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kratom

Post by canucklhead »

Its available in the markets I think they pronounce it " slup maloo"
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

It's not available in the markets in PP, that's coming from someone who's spent hours asking every stall owner at O'russey & another recommended smaller market nearby, with pictures and using Khmer pronunciation. One old couple gave us a number for a contact though & I managed to get some Kratom leaves delivered in from Kampong Cham but ideally I'd like it in powdered form.. Having not tried Kratom before I can't tell if these leaves are even the real deal... they don't seem to do a great lot and I've tried them in tea & straight up eating them.

As for the laws... it's somewhat of a grey area as you say.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

LIVIDZX wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:00 pm It's not available in the markets in PP, that's coming from someone who's spent hours asking every stall owner at O'russey & another recommended smaller market nearby, with pictures and using Khmer pronunciation. One old couple gave us a number for a contact though & I managed to get some Kratom leaves delivered in from Kampong Cham but ideally I'd like it in powdered form.. Having not tried Kratom before I can't tell if these leaves are even the real deal... they don't seem to do a great lot and I've tried them in tea & straight up eating them.

As for the laws... it's somewhat of a grey area as you say.
Law, somewhat of a grey area, not according to -

ASEAN, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, refers to kratom as a drug. No traditional medicines or dietary supplements in these countries can contain kratom or its derivatives. Thus, it is illegal to use, buy, or sell kratom there. Countries that are a part of the ASEAN are:

https://speciosaguide.com/guide-kratom- ... tom-legal/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Is this it?

You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:37 am Is this it?

No, they are that of Betel leaf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betel
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kratom123 »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:37 am Is this it?

No
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

Googling Betel & Kratom leaves it's seems very difficult to tell them apart - what do these look like - to a certainty?

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

LIVIDZX wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:06 am Googling Betel & Kratom leaves it's seems very difficult to tell them apart - what do these look like - to a certainty?

They look like "Fagus sylvatica" part of the beach family, used as antiseptic, well the bark is, the leaf is poisonous.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:06 am They look like "Fagus sylvatica" part of the beach family, used as antiseptic, well the bark is, the leaf is poisonous.
I've taken more than a few as have others I know and felt no ill-effects? But they're 100% definitely not Kratom leaves?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic