Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

I love the opinions of so many here about why governments should or shouldn't close the borders
nice to know that all countries are run by a bunch of idiots that don't seem to agree with you all.
:stir:
A large percentage of Cambodians work "informally" as non-declared workers and all these people are being ignored. An even bigger problem is the dependence on money from migrant workers, most of them working in Thailand, but there's nothing to do until the Thais ease their entry restrictions.
Migrant workers holding Valid L-A visas are allowed entry into thailand since August 1st
Those without correct papers need to pay a coyote to get them thru, same as before

I feel alot safer here now than i would back in the states and do NOT look forward to the day they start allowing "tourists" on to Phuket island as a test area..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

Well as long as you feel safe, that's what matters. As long as your ox isn't getting gored it's ok.
chinesetakeaway
Expatriate
Niue

Post by chinesetakeaway »

Dunderhead wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:31 pm Well as long as you feel safe, that's what matters. As long as your ox isn't getting gored it's ok.
The welfare of the vulnerable must come before others in a pandemic. If you feel they should be ‘sacrificed’ then gather your elderly family members and line them and ,.. then we can see you’re willing to walk the WALK!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:39 pm I love the opinions of so many here about why governments should or shouldn't close the borders
nice to know that all countries are run by a bunch of idiots that don't seem to agree with you all.
:stir:
A large percentage of Cambodians work "informally" as non-declared workers and all these people are being ignored. An even bigger problem is the dependence on money from migrant workers, most of them working in Thailand, but there's nothing to do until the Thais ease their entry restrictions.
Migrant workers holding Valid L-A visas are allowed entry into thailand since August 1st
Those without correct papers need to pay a coyote to get them thru, same as before

I feel alot safer here now than i would back in the states and do NOT look forward to the day they start allowing "tourists" on to Phuket island as a test area..
Borders between Thailand and Cambodia are still closed according to this report:
14 August 2020
At the same time, Thai authorities continue to close the border gates, which are not yet open to passengers, except for ambulances and heavy cargo trucks to operate normally.
http://nkdnews.com/archives/376081
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

FYI:
borders were opened to migrant workers August 1st
and is ur photo depicting LEGAL migrants which will be caught and deported.

I'll go with the thai governments info
migrant workers with the rightful papers including the right to work in Thailand, will be allowed into the country, however warning that illegal migrants crossing into the borders will be deported immediately.
1. Some 649,046 foreign workers who hold a passport, certificate of identity or travel documents will be permitted to work in Thailand from Aug 1 to Oct 31. Their work permit can be extended to March 31,2022, provided that their employers submit an extension form at the provincial employment office where the migrant works before Oct 31.
https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/as ... for-longer
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:46 pm FYI:
borders were opened to migrant workers August 1st
and is ur photo depicting LEGAL migrants which will be caught and deported.

I'll go with the thai governments info
migrant workers with the rightful papers including the right to work in Thailand, will be allowed into the country, however warning that illegal migrants crossing into the borders will be deported immediately.
1. Some 649,046 foreign workers who hold a passport, certificate of identity or travel documents will be permitted to work in Thailand from Aug 1 to Oct 31. Their work permit can be extended to March 31,2022, provided that their employers submit an extension form at the provincial employment office where the migrant works before Oct 31.
https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/as ... for-longer
Thanks PR. Full info here.
BANGKOK (The Nation/ANN): The Cabinet yesterday (Aug 4) agreed to extend the period in which migrant labourers from three countries – Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar – are allowed to work in Thailand to strengthen the country’s workforce during an economic recovery, deputy government spokesperson Rachada Thanadirek said.

The Labour Ministry had proposed allowing migrant labourers again into the country, which allows entry to two groups from neighbouring countries:

The migrants must then complete a physical check-up at a state hospital and other screening processes before January 31,2021, and apply for an identification card for non-Thai nationals at a district office from Feb 1 to March 31,2021.
BANGKOK (The Nation/ANN): The Cabinet yesterday (Aug 4) agreed to extend the period in which migrant labourers from three countries – Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar – are allowed to work in Thailand to strengthen the country’s workforce during an economic recovery, deputy government spokesperson Rachada Thanadirek said.

The Labour Ministry had proposed allowing migrant labourers again into the country, which allows entry to two groups from neighbouring countries:

The migrants must then complete a physical check-up at a state hospital and other screening processes before January 31,2021, and apply for an identification card for non-Thai nationals at a district office from Feb 1 to March 31,2021.
glennb6
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by glennb6 »

Smedley wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:49 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:55 pm
26,269 45 to 64 year old have died of covid19 inthe USA in the past 6 months. 4,268 19 to 45 have died. Obviously you are either much younger than 19 or have no children or grandchildren nor parents aged d 45 or above. If you are not stepping over bodies on the street it is not real? How about stored in refrigerated trucks, not devastating enough for you? Good luck to you my friend.
Anthony, if you really look into those 4,268 younger deaths, I think you will find that almost all of them had comorbidities like heart disease, cancer, pneumonia, diabetes, obesity, and it's the comorbidities that killed them. The media don't tell you that, of course. They tell you that they died from Covid. They make no distinction between people who died FROM covid or WITH a Covid positive test.
true true.

in the earlier months of reporting in Thailand the newspapers were stating age and if any existing medical conditions existed in those that died of/with CV. Half the reports said 70+ yrs, TB or diabetes, or cancer etc. after a while the reporting changed to just died of CV. Right. I kept pointing out the ridiculously low death numbers regardless, and the typical responses were "oh but it could be worse" "think of the children" "oh thailand is hiding the numbers to not scare off tourists""... of course when I replied what tourists, the borders are closed, the script changes back to oh it could be really bad...

Ya'know, the money and power behind this scam is scary. It cannot be all about vaxing everyone, certainly isn't about health or welfare, or just the politics of some countries. Perhaps one of these days some more of the deep truths will start to be exposed, and I'll wager a donut that much of the conspiracy theory stuff (WEF, UN, CDC, Bill Gates, big pharma, and huge amounts of money) will be shown as fact.
Smedley
Tourist
Turks & Caicos Is

Post by Smedley »

glennb6 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:15 pm
Smedley wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:49 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:55 pm
26,269 45 to 64 year old have died of covid19 inthe USA in the past 6 months. 4,268 19 to 45 have died. Obviously you are either much younger than 19 or have no children or grandchildren nor parents aged d 45 or above. If you are not stepping over bodies on the street it is not real? How about stored in refrigerated trucks, not devastating enough for you? Good luck to you my friend.
Anthony, if you really look into those 4,268 younger deaths, I think you will find that almost all of them had comorbidities like heart disease, cancer, pneumonia, diabetes, obesity, and it's the comorbidities that killed them. The media don't tell you that, of course. They tell you that they died from Covid. They make no distinction between people who died FROM covid or WITH a Covid positive test.
true true.

in the earlier months of reporting in Thailand the newspapers were stating age and if any existing medical conditions existed in those that died of/with CV. Half the reports said 70+ yrs, TB or diabetes, or cancer etc. after a while the reporting changed to just died of CV. Right. I kept pointing out the ridiculously low death numbers regardless, and the typical responses were "oh but it could be worse" "think of the children" "oh thailand is hiding the numbers to not scare off tourists""... of course when I replied what tourists, the borders are closed, the script changes back to oh it could be really bad...

Ya'know, the money and power behind this scam is scary. It cannot be all about vaxing everyone, certainly isn't about health or welfare, or just the politics of some countries. Perhaps one of these days some more of the deep truths will start to be exposed, and I'll wager a donut that much of the conspiracy theory stuff (WEF, UN, CDC, Bill Gates, big pharma, and huge amounts of money) will be shown as fact.
It will never be exposed in the mainstream media (which, by the way, includes most Thailand and Cambodia media). It has already been exposed on alternative news sites, which I hesitate to link to because such links are typically censored by moderators these days.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Please, can we keep this THAILAND related,
we all know the US has fucked up

To many chefs in the kitchen and all think they are right.
One reason why China was ale to contain it, ( only 1 chef)
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I was at immigration yesterday, the officer told my wife he didn t expect borders to be open for tourism until after Chinese New Year. February, 2021. Whether it washis opinion , the opinion of the man above him or unspoken policy I do not know. The same officer told us in mid July not to worry that the amnesty would extended until the end of September.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic