CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Khmer440.com FINALLY admits we exist! (with link!)

Post by Born-Confused »

phuketrichard wrote:
Flynn wrote:
General Mackevili wrote: For a forum that was only born about 3 weeks ago, I think we're off to the best start we could have possibly imagined!
Not to be snide, but it would be nice to have a snapshot of K440's first 3 weeks of existence!
:hattip:
Well, you can compare the "member lists" of each forum.

CEO's first member (Orange Dragon) signed up May 2. In 25 days there have been 182 registered users.

In K440's first 25 days there were only 19 registered users. It took 333 days for K440 to reach 182 registered users.

Of course, K440 probably deleted some of the accounts from the early days. Also it was 11 years ago. There are more expats in Cambodia now and internet use and availability has expanded considerably, especially in Cambodia.

So take these statistics with a grain of salt, but I would say you guys are off to a great start. Keep up the good work! :bow:

:please:
Guys; your acting like children, my cock is bigger/better than yours.
I have no love for k440 but come on,

comparing a forum that started when there were 1/10th the expats in country ( 10 years ago) does not compare to starting one now an if truth be told
75% or more of the posters here are from k440

One of the things i find so distasteful of K440 is they all were ( or at least mostly) whoremongers back in the day, but now they have taken the moral high ground.

I would like to see these forum morph into something more than a remake of a tired old forum with members that grew up and became boring

Give it a break
Well said!! All I'm reading in this site at the moment is this stuff while any good stuff tends to be lost as it degenerates to a mine is bigger than yours.....
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

[quote="]
Ho I forgot quite funny to see KIR use the word Ethic[/quote]

Yep more hypocrisy, is there room for anyone else on the moral high ground that KIR now solely occupies. He must have found it very boring when he came to Cambodia all those 12 long years ago. Could he have been the little kid holding the lonely planet and orange juice I used to pass on my way into Martini's.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

keeping_it_riel wrote:
He was spoken to by other K440 forum mods and agreed to stop doing this, as did Gen Z.

Then yesterday, I got complaints from three different K440 forum members saying they'd had spam emails from Gen Z who'd created yet another non posting a/c here and had spammed dozens and dozens of members here with a PM attacking this site and enticing them to his site. This is after he'd agreed not to do this. Clearly, therefore, Gen Z is a liar and is not to be trusted.

Next, there its how they are marketing and selling ads. When K440 wanted advertisers, we ignored what our competitors were doing and found our own advertisers. This was obviously far too much work for Gen Z who instead simply contacted all K440 advertisers offering them a free ad.

Then an interesting thing happened. A few days later, those advertisers who declined got a second email.
Hello.

Your company currently advertises on a sleazy website called Khmer440.com. That site promotes sex tourism in Cambodia and promotes other sponsors such as Cavern Pub, which is a "hostess bar" ( a place that provides prostitutes to it's male customers).

Please STOP your advertising with Khmer440.com because it is a sleazy website that portrays Camboida in a negative way. Khmer440.com is NOT the type of website a company like XXXXXX should ever be affiliated with.

Thank you.
I'm posting this because those of you happily posting on CEO should be fully aware of their business ethics.
Thank you, KiR, for FINALLY allowing us to be discussed on K440!

Now, I'm NOT calling you a liar, because we haven't communicated directly since CEO started, but I promise that you're wrong about some of this.

For starters, I'll give you $1,000,000 if you can show where "I" said I would stop PMing people on K440, or even where The Dragon said "I" would stop. Seriously.

That never happened. Fact.

I've been asked a few times to stop completely stop sending PM's on K440, and I've been very verbal in stating I have no loyalty to K440 now that I've been banned and will NOT promise that.

Again, I would love to see what you are basing it on, but you're plain wrong. To make accusations like that, I want proof. You can't possibly have any because it doesn't exist.

And about approaching K440 sponsors: I'm an honest man, and "technically" you're right on one account. I feel you try to paint a different picture though.

We have been offering our friends around town free ad banners.

I happen to have A LOT of Facebook friends, and I sent a message to some of them telling them about our site and that we'd give them a free ad. One of them HAPPENED to be a sponsor on K440. That was not intentional, I promise.

And even before I sent that message to my friends, one of YOUR sponsors approached me! ! He offered us $$$ to put up his ad BUT we had to block his competition from even being mentioned on CEO (LoL, sounds very fitting for a sponsorship deal with K440), but we turned it down.

You might have noticed by now that we are AGAINST censorship, and we will not be giving anyone that advertises with us immunity from criticism or block their competitors from even being mentioned.

^ Reminds me of the "Best Roast in Phnom Penh" article changed to "Best Value Roast in Phnom Penh", then finally changed to "Review of a Roast in Phnom Penh," LoL, and it was a review that you asked your writer to do, presumably paid, LoL!

And regards to sending emails to your sponsors like, "Cavern Pub, which is a "hostess bar" ( a place that provides prostitutes to it's male customers)...."

I can absolutely promise you that neither the Dragon nor I had ANYTHING to do with that! 100%.

First of all, I love The Cavern! I go there often!

Also, we have at least one hostess bar that has an ad on our site.

Hell, I was there last night, LoL!

We have no problems with hostess bars at all. We are all adults here, and don't see what the issue is.

So, I can see why we might be the first people you would naturally assume would be stirring up shit with your advertisers, but I can promise you that you're wrong about this one too.

Also, you have such few advertisers, I can promise you we have no intent whatsoever to contact those select few businesses or anything like that.

I also find it ironic you try to label us a warmongering site through your Twitter accounts while you host ads like this on K440:

Hassle free services? What's that? LoL.

Again, we have no problem with hostess bars, so it's silly to think we would send a message to people condemning them (also silly for you to condemn us of anything like that while you have ads like that up).

So, I'm sorry this hasn't been very smooth for you, but you are the one that has cut me off from all communication.

Good luck with your site, and always feel free to to contact me directly in order to avoid wrong information from being spread around again in the future.

P.S. To whoever was sending those emails to K440's sponsors: Please stop. While I can appreciate your efforts if your intent was to help us, but it's not helping at all. In fact, it's making things things more difficult. If you really want to help us, just tell your friends to come check us out themselves! Thanks!

P.P.S. KiR, you are more than welcome to come here and reply freely.

Also, if anyone feels brave, feel free to post this message over there. It might not stay up, but it's worth a try. Maybe he'll be changing his ways. Thanks.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

highly entertaining thing, the truth.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

I'm with Richard on this.

Let's be our own forum instead of mentioning K440 every 3rd post.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Lets remember, feelings were hurt. People got cut off from their social circles. Some lost many years of archived post history.

Some were bullied. Like I said earlier this is like a Divorce. And I see an element of payback.

Now that it's in the open, things should settle down.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Milord wrote:

Amen.

It was only a matter of time until K440 had to address us. We're at that stage. Part of the plan.

Censorship meant he thought we "might" pose a threat. Turning around and realizing he HAD to address us is proof that he reassessed the situation and realized the threat is real and can no longer be ignored.

The back and forth bickering will soon die down.

I really hope he attempts to post some evidence of the misinformation he's spreading.

It sounds very slanderous to accuse me of promising to stop doing something I never promised to stop, and then calling me a flat out liar.

But to be fair, I honestly think KiR's been much more civil than I would have thought.

I think it's only human nature to go through some emotional steps when someone poses as a real threat to your business after 10+ years of success

Whether CEO succeeded or not, we've already been a huge thorn in his site.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

I used to like Monopoly and I was good at it....but after seeing what happened to the USSR....I preferred Jenga instead.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

General Mackevili wrote:
Milord wrote:

Amen.

It was only a matter of time until K440 had to address us. We're at that stage. Part of the plan.

Censorship meant he thought we "might" pose a threat. Turning around and realizing he HAD to address us is proof that he reassessed the situation and realized the threat is real and can no longer be ignored.

The back and forth bickering will soon die down.

I really hope he attempts to post some evidence of the misinformation he's spreading.

It sounds very slanderous to accuse me of promising to stop doing something I never promised to stop, and then calling me a flat out liar.

But to be fair, I honestly think KiR's been much more civil than I would have thought.

I think it's only human nature to go through some emotional steps when someone poses as a real threat to your business after 10+ years of success

Whether CEO succeeded or not, we've already been a huge thorn in his site.
I understand the CEO forum owners/founders being pleased with themselves and engaging in a little self congratulatory behavior/crowing, but personally I've had my fill of the bloodletting from both sides now and would like CEO to concentrate their energies into content, content, content, as apposed to the continued he said/she said toing and froing.
Last edited by Kung-fu Hillbilly on Tue May 27, 2014 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

I didn't read that thread in its entirety, but I'm with kiwiincambodia and Richard. You don't want to position your board as a "competitor" and "rival." It will just serve to pollute the boards, nurture a bitter ambiance and drive away posters.

Having said that. Ladies only section is a welcome addition and the rep system too.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic