Cinemas reopening in the kingdom?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cinemas reopening in the kingdom?

Post by Clutch Cargo »

There might've been mention of this already on another topic ...if so apologies, but I was wondering..is there any word on likely reopening of these in KOW?

I think in Australia they are planning to reopen on 1 July..although not sure if that is state wide.

I would've thought it's low risk to reopen these here too...after all, people are gathering in restaurants and shops et al already.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cinemas reopening in the kingdom?

Post by Doc67 »

Of all the things that are high risk and low reward, it's a cinema.

High ticket prices, people crunching and slurping on buckets of smelly food, mobile phones lighting up all over the place as people check their social media every 5 minutes, talking, and anyone coughing behind you is also above you, so those lovely little droplets of flob have a 10 foot descent to keep them airborne for longer.
Teddy1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Teddy1 »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 pm Of all the things that are high risk and low reward, it's a cinema.

High ticket prices, people crunching and slurping on buckets of smelly food, mobile phones lighting up all over the place as people check their social media every 5 minutes, talking, and anyone coughing behind you is also above you, so those lovely little droplets of flob have a 10 foot descent to keep them airborne for longer.
Theres a resurgence of drive in movies here in Ontario. Very nostalgic.
I have no desire to go to a inside a movie theatre. I agree with you Doc.
My entire life can be summed up in one sentence:
"Well that didnt go as planned".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Teddy1 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:34 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 pm Of all the things that are high risk and low reward, it's a cinema.

Theres a resurgence of drive in movies here in Ontario. Very nostalgic.
I have no desire to go to a inside a movie theatre. I agree with you Doc.
Where in Ontario are you? I spent many happy times in Oakville, mostly in the pubs.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Walmart just announced drive in movies at their parking lots, starting soon. Which Walmart locations, and how it will be done, and which movies, still yet to be announced.

Although I did I hear free as the admission price.
Wolf359
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Wolf359 »

Doesn't sound like a terrible idea considering markets are packed, malls are open, and restaurants are often crowded as well. Since they do reserved seating here they could easily leave a seat or two open to stick to the social distancing guidelines. Now, whether or not people actually sit where they're supposed to is an entirely different matter.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Kingdom’s cinemas reopen 8 August

Now, five months later the silver screens will re-open for movie enthusiasts to experience the full cinematic experience, but now in a safe environment.

However, new measures will need to be observed by cinema operators and movie goers alike, including adhering to social distancing markers throughout the venues, a limit on capacity in theatres, temperature checks at entrances, sanitising stations, safety masks and safety screens between ticket sellers and customers.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50752588/k ... -tomorrow/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic