Little confused about day 13 test IN SR

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Oumedc
Expatriate

Little confused about day 13 test IN SR

Post by Oumedc »

My Khmer is bad, But Does any one understand What hospital can be used in SR for the 13 day test
I have went to one hospital this morning and it was very confusing even with a native speaker..
Has any one done this in SR I truly hate the expense and time involved by going to PP.

Thank you very much for any help that can be shared
Rtrac
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Little confused about day 13 test IN SR

Post by Rtrac »

I plan to do my quarantine in SR. I have been told to go to:

Siem Reap Provincial Referral Hospital-មន្ទីរពេទ្យបង្អែកខេត្តសៀមរាប

2thnou St, Mondul1 Village, Sangkat Svay Dangkum, Siem Reap City Siem Reap Province (7,822.27 mi)
Siem Reap, Cambodia 17254

For additional information in Cambodia, travelers can call the 115 hotline or MOH officials at: 012 825 424, 012 488 981 or 012 836 868. Information is available in English and Khmer.

But better if heard from those whom have gone.

I see a report in FaceBook that the testing is actually done at a near by school in the open: test done at the school on Charles De Gaulle boulevard, in Siem Reap

“ I went to provincial hospital and they sent me there. The school is some 100 meters past the Charming city crossroad, towards the temples, on the right. Test are processed at the hospital”
“ you go past the Charming city crossroad at after 100 meters or so, the school is just in front of a street going left (it is the only way to go left until the temples “

Also some advice: “ Do not forget to bring with you your passport and bank receipt for 3000 USD. They will take a picture of them. ”
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I was under the impression that the 13day test isn't needed now, you can just go to the bank and get your money back, what's left of it.
I'll find out Monday as going to the bank then , no covid symptoms it's day 14 today for me so don't see reason for the test
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Double post sorry :bow:
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

atst wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:23 am I was under the impression that the 13day test isn't needed now, you can just go to the bank and get your money back, what's left of it.
I'll find out Monday as going to the bank then , no covid symptoms it's day 14 today for me so don't see reason for the test
You are still required to go for the 2nd test on day 13, what gave you the impression it isn't required?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:53 am
atst wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:23 am I was under the impression that the 13day test isn't needed now, you can just go to the bank and get your money back, what's left of it.
You are still required to go for the 2nd test on day 13, what gave you the impression it isn't required?
Doc7 went for test but results or test wasn't asked for at the bank to get money back
In Australia and NZ with the 14days isolation test is only required if you have symptoms, I know this isn't aus or NZ but I was given no paperwork stating needed second test or even isolation.
It's only information on here that I've learned from which has been great getting me here
Going bank tomorrow but being Canada bank and I'm in the province don't like my chances of getting my $$ without an extra cost probably need to go PP
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

youo need to use the ATM,, they will not give you the cash back if it was like me,, I had to clean the balance over three days
WAS you last test free ? mine was just needed to pay the 30 for paperwork
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Should have known better and read the receipt can only get money back from two banks in PP, and one in shitsville and siem reap, oh well never mind
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Bank in PP returned $2765 from my $3000 deposit only needed my passport no second covid test
Covid test, two nights hotel food for first day $235
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

We were actually told the same thing basically. When we checked out of the hotel, the manager said in two days we could go and get our deposit back.

I called the 115 number this morning as we are at home now. They told my wife that we can live normal as long as we wear a mask when we go out. I took the phone and asked specifically (in English to be fair) if we have to quarantine at home for 2 weeks and get another test - and the answer given was no. The gentleman then spoke again to my wife and explained that there are too many people to be testing everyone again and track them for quarantine at home.

I told my wife we are going to remain in "quarantine" at home and we'll call back early next week. IF again told no need, then we'll go to retrieve our money.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic