What exactly showing for proof of insurance & How Long

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

What exactly showing for proof of insurance & How Long

Post by TWY »

Hi,
Could anyone that has made the trip back to Cambodia share what exactly they showed to the airline/immigration for proof of insurance?

If you purchased medical coverage through travel insurance, how long did you purchase the insurance for?

The reason I ask is that we have insurance but all I have is an insurance card. It doesn't show much information and certainly doesn't say anything about COVID coverage. The benefits page available online says nothing about COVID. I'm the only one technically required to have the insurance, so can purchase a travel insurance policy that says it covers COVID, but not sure how long I should purchase it for. The "requirement" is to have 50,000 of coverage for the duration of the stay. The concern I have is that since there is no "return" flight out of Cambodia on the itinerary (and we are flying back with a different airline than we departed on a one way ticket) that I may be asked for details on the coverage. I'm more concerned with Korean Airlines than I am with immigration itself.

Any experience shared is appreciated.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: What exactly showing for proof of insurance & How Long

Post by atst »

Doesn't need covid insurance Just make sure the coverage is more than 50k USD you should have the agreement fine print just print out the header with your name and the page that has the amount of coverage
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

Thank you for your reply.

Could I ask if your policy showed the effective dates of coverage? Or if the airline reviewed your policy when you checked in?
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

There seems to have been a change based on the Aug. 4 new regulations. i had written to the insurance company indicated in the 4 Aug. declaration and get immediately a reply.
Here are the relevant sections. The certificate is long known. Now we have the new situation that it has to be the Forte Insurance Company. For some time this had been announced. The price list was not part of the official announcement. Follow the long in the announcement and you can purchase online the insurance. This should be ok for the airlines at check-in.
Those who had bought other insurance should probably check with a nearby Cambodian embassy whether they are ok or not. They might have to buy a Forte insurance on arrival in addition to the one they already got.

Once we get some first hand reports the details will be become clear.

To enter Cambodia, you must show:

Health Certificate of Covid 19 Negative
Insurance Certificate with effective before or date you arrive Cambodia. Only from Forte Insurance Cambodia.

Quotation:

Period 20 day, price $ 90
Period 1 month, price $ 120
Period 3 month, price $ 250
Rtrac
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Rtrac »

https://www.forteinsurance.com/covid-19-insurance/

It appears that to apply for the Forte Insurance, you can only do so within the 72 hour window prior to your departure = they ask for an up load of your Covid 19 negative health certificate to complete the application.

Good point on if they accept insurance already purchased to cover for Covid 19. I will not bother to find out and plan to just buy the Forte Insurance policy. The poor soles manning the check in at the airport / airplanes / and ultimately Cambodian customs will be keyed to look for this documentation. I don’t want to tempt any difficulties getting through this arduous process.
aggro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by aggro »

Rtrac wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:18 pmThe poor soles
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

We flew in last night.

For the insurance I showed a policy that specifically covered COVID-19 for a month after arrival (cost me about $40). I also showed our "normal" insurance card. It was checked three times upon arrival - but seemed that one station was specifically reviewing the health insurance. WE did have some issues checking in for our flight. It took more than 40 minutes and insurance was the reason. The woman wanted to see an insurance policy that would cover me through the end of my visa since we were on a one way ticket.

I guess some things have changed as last night was bit different than what I had read about previously when we arrived. I'll try to summarize in a separate post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic