Up in Smoke: Takeo Marijuana Plantations Destroyed

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Up in Smoke: Takeo Marijuana Plantations Destroyed

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Takeo): On August 1, 2020, Lieutenant Sok Samnang led the Takeo police force to destroy 8 marijuana fields with 4 ponds on 151 square meter land, in Chroy village, Kirivong district, Takeo.

The police are still searching for the farm owner to punish him for illegal cultivation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Up in Smoke: Takeo Marijuana Plantations Destroyed

Post by AndyKK »

8 marijuana fields is only a figure (didn't we do well) yes! But its an area of 151 square meters, so 151 plants producing 4 ounces per plant, that overall is aproxamatly 17 kilos. But probably nothing in the wet season. Who would the supply be for, tourists and happy pizza shops? Locals and Chinese being in the past news prefer ice it seems. The police are still searching for the farm owner to punish him for illegal cultivation. Should not be difficult to locate him, her them, if they were responsible for the planting.

Marijuana! Happy pizza shops! What is it with them, I just happened to call by one the other night for a coffee. $2,3,4,5,10 add now to the strength of happy topping. It's been a long time and this pricing being new, I didn't want too strong and also I didn't want to come across has stingy, so oppted for $4. Don't do it. Half the medium pizza got left, I was completely shitfaced.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

AndyKK wrote:Who would the supply be for, tourists and happy pizza shops? Locals and Chinese being in the past news prefer ice it seems.
It’s being heavily smoked in the Khmer clubs as well. Missus got dragged to BM Club a few days back. Got choked by the all the marijuana smoke floating around. Still suffering effects.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:29 pm 8 marijuana fields is only a figure (didn't we do well) yes! But its an area of 151 square meters, so 151 plants producing 4 ounces per plant, that overall is aproxamatly 17 kilos. But probably nothing in the wet season. Who would the supply be for, tourists and happy pizza shops? Locals and Chinese being in the past news prefer ice it seems. The police are still searching for the farm owner to punish him for illegal cultivation. Should not be difficult to locate him, her them, if they were responsible for the planting.

Marijuana! Happy pizza shops! What is it with them, I just happened to call by one the other night for a coffee. $2,3,4,5,10 add now to the strength of happy topping. It's been a long time and this pricing being new, I didn't want too strong and also I didn't want to come across has stingy, so oppted for $4. Don't do it. Half the medium pizza got left, I was completely shitfaced.
:fool: Take it home. Great for breakfast the next day. :dm:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:21 pm
AndyKK wrote:Who would the supply be for, tourists and happy pizza shops? Locals and Chinese being in the past news prefer ice it seems.
It’s being heavily smoked in the Khmer clubs as well. Missus got dragged to BM Club a few days back. Got choked by the all the marijuana smoke floating around. Still suffering effects.
Firstly I have no idea what is a BM Club, secondary with your last thread on about don't tell your husband everything, and also family values, distant marriage and so on, I would be a little worried.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

AndyKK wrote:Firstly I have no idea what is a BM Club, secondary with your last thread on about don't tell your husband everything, and also family values, distant marriage and so on, I would be a little worried.
Nothing to worry about.

BM is an expensive Khmer club. Her friend from out of town wanted to go. That friend’s friend goes there almost every night. So much so, the club ‘celebrated’ her husband’s birthday that night. The friend’s friend knows the owner. So an entire group went.

Missus is the only one wearing a mask. And not drinking. Came back around 2 AM smelling of smoke of weed and cigarettes. Convinced her to take a shower before going to bed.

She’s still in pain from that experience.

She does her best to support her friends, even if it means suffering a bit from her end. I’d be worried if she did the sugarcoat pretend. But she shares all, so there’s no worry, no doubt.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Why not suggest to your wife that she meets her friends in nice non-smoking coffee shops ? That looks like one of those clubs that gets raided for drugs and they all get lined up against the wall :?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Anchor Moy wrote:Why not suggest to your wife that she meets her friends in nice non-smoking coffee shops ? That looks like one of those clubs that gets raided for drugs and they all get lined up against the wall :?
If it were me, I probably would. But then I haven’t got a clue about being social. She tries her best to make everyone happy. Anyways, just re-affirms that she isn’t a club girl, and will never be. Good for me.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:37 pm
AndyKK wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:29 pm
:fool: Take it home. Great for breakfast the next day. :dm:
I will answer two of your comments. Firstly I once did just that on one of my road trips. You know yourself what happens when a Khmer lady wake's, the first thing she does is look for food. My day was made a little difficult with a stoned pillion who never goes near any ganja, first and last time for her. But she never touched my food again.

Second about the club, I would think it would depend if the establishment was in favor.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic