Suggested laundries in PNH?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Georgina
Expatriate

Re: Suggested laundries in PNH?

Post by Georgina »

Correction about perfect tailor.

Buttons don't match button holes.

*Could* be because I washed - but linen doesn't shrink 2 inches! This was an unsual shirt - two different fanrics. Washing before cutting fabric is often a problem - neglected or lying about doing it. Add non colour fast fabrics, Cambodia is a headache compared to India and Bangladesh.
"I am a lesbian trapped inside a man's body. Girls, help me escape!"
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

linen shrinks in the dryer...
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Georgina wrote:Correction about perfect tailor.

Buttons don't match button holes.

*Could* be because I washed - but linen doesn't shrink 2 inches! This was an unsual shirt - two different fanrics. Washing before cutting fabric is often a problem - neglected or lying about doing it. Add non colour fast fabrics, Cambodia is a headache compared to India and Bangladesh.
You must have very large buttons. :lol:
Georgina
Expatriate

Post by Georgina »

Actually button holes not matching buttons were out much smaller amounts. It was the front panels that were grossly uneven. Regarding linen shrinking in the dryer - I specifically instructed the tailor to wash all the fabric *before* cutting, as is professional tailor practice.
"I am a lesbian trapped inside a man's body. Girls, help me escape!"
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

yes, but linen shrinks EVERY time you put it into the dryer.
when you wash/soak it a few times, it widens again.
linen never in dryer, and also the fibers are pulled too much there.
as with the blue jeans, but they are less affected.
keeping_it_riel
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by keeping_it_riel »

Just noticed yesterday that a new laundromat with large washing machines and dryers has opened in TTP on St 456 that heads over to Bong Trabek so if you haven't got washing machine at home and you don't want your schmutter pulverized by hand washing then that's an option. It's on the left after Buff Sis heading east just before 456 crosses poop river.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Georgina wrote:Actually button holes not matching buttons were out much smaller amounts. It was the front panels that were grossly uneven. Regarding linen shrinking in the dryer - I specifically instructed the tailor to wash all the fabric *before* cutting, as is professional tailor practice.
Welcome to Khmer 'spongers', or lack of?. It's a Jewish term for the people who use to steam the cloth. One never really knew how much you would lose on a piece of cloth once steamed.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

keeping_it_riel wrote:Just noticed yesterday that a new laundromat with large washing machines and dryers has opened in TTP on St 456 that heads over to Bong Trabek so if you haven't got washing machine at home and you don't want your schmutter pulverized by hand washing then that's an option. It's on the left after Buff Sis heading east just before 456 crosses poop river.
I wonder why they don't copy the Thai idea of household washing machines in the street to make a buck off?
They do it with air compressors why not washing machines.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic