British Man, Marlon WALKER SMITH, Accused of Phone Snatching with Violence

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: British Man, Marlon WALKER SMITH, Accused of Phone Snatching with Violence

Post by Duncan »

Queef wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:53 am
Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:58 am
Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:54 am A British citizen, but born in which country ?
It says Bristol on his passport.
But that is Nationality , not country of birth. I checked my passport , it says Australian , but I was born in NZ
Why do you care so much about his place of birth? Are you trynna say he isn't British because he's black? What's the point you trynna make?

I like to get all the facts , not just what I'm told, otherwise we would still be believing the Earth is flat and Cambodia is at the center of the universe.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

What an odd reply.
He’s black so can’t be British?!!!

It would be odd hearing his Bristolian accent. Just like Scottish Indians.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:21 am
Queef wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:53 am
Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:58 am
Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:54 am A British citizen, but born in which country ?
It says Bristol on his passport.
But that is Nationality , not country of birth. I checked my passport , it says Australian , but I was born in NZ
Why do you care so much about his place of birth? Are you trynna say he isn't British because he's black? What's the point you trynna make?

I like to get all the facts , not just what I'm told, otherwise we would still be believing the Earth is flat and Cambodia is at the center of the universe.
All the facts are there for you to see. There's even a copy of his passport. so what's the point you trynna make, Duncan?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

whatwat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:23 am What an odd reply.
He’s black so can’t be British?!!!

It would be odd hearing his Bristolian accent. Just like Scottish Indians.
Just like Scottish Indians.
They are hilarious, especially if brought up in Glasgow.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Strange how some posters are trying to play the racial card, when all I am asking in which country he was born , as it says British Citizen, and I would have thought it would state England or United Kingdom somewhere there .
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:44 am Strange how some posters are trying to play the racial card, when all I am asking in which country he was born , as it says British Citizen, and I would have thought it would state England or United Kingdom somewhere there .
YOU played the race card by asking where he was born even though a picture of his passport was posted online. Everybody already called you out.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:08 am
TheImplication wrote:Or just a sign of how bad things are getting when foreigners are the ones doing things like this.
Worried that the local Khmer crooks will copying this new style of theft, making the Kingdom of Wonder less safe overall.
newkid its your Sarcasm side replying once more, should keep him under control. Phone steeling here can be a very violent going on, it was not too long ago a Khmer lady was slashed on her back when they took her phone on riverside.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

whatwat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:23 am It would be odd hearing his Bristolian accent. Just like Scottish Indians.
Bristol has had a decent sized black population since St Pauls became an immigration hub for Jamaicans in the 60's. To this day the usual St Pauls accent is a heavy mix of Jamaican and Bristolian, and anyone who lives there is completely used to hearing it (source; I grew up just up the road from St Pauls).

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Queef wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:47 am
Duncan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:44 am Strange how some posters are trying to play the racial card, when all I am asking in which country he was born , as it says British Citizen, and I would have thought it would state England or United Kingdom somewhere there .
YOU played the race card by asking where he was born even though a picture of his passport was posted online. Everybody already called you out.
Get your facts straight ,, I asked which country , not where, as I did not see a country on his passport .
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The photo is not great, but the man's passport says that he was born in Bristol. For those who are short-sighted, I have underlined the place of birth/lieu de naissance in RED.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic