Cambodian Post Offices Closed to Out-Going International Mail

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Cambodian Post Offices Closed to Out-Going International Mail

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:29 pm There was a drongo PR/assistant to my boss
Great word.
For those who have not had the mixed blessing of having spent significant time in the original land of Drongos - Australia..

Drongo was the name of a promising Australian racehorse of the early 1920s who, although was placed in top class races such as a VRC Derby and two St Legers, failed to win a race in 37 starts. Subsequently the name 'Drongo' became synonomous with a competitor who was continually being narrowly beaten, but became an epithet for any horse or person who was disappointing, slow or clumsy - a no-hoper.
Ironically, a drongo is also a large clumsy bird found in Australia's Cape York Peninsula.
Australian race-clubs have been known to program Drongo Handicaps, restricted to horses who have not won a race for twelve months, and limited to apprentice jockeys.

One mornin' the boss asks the drongo to hang a new gate off the barn.
So off goes the drongo with his tools and the gate.
Come lunchtime he hasn't been sighted, so we went out to look for him. We found him standin' by the dam.
The boss was hoppin' mad. "What do you think you're doin'? I told you to hang that gate!"
"Sorry boss,"says the drongo. I couldn't find no tree to hang it from, so I drowned the bastard instead."
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

It's a Christmas miracle! The tshirts that I ordered from Aliexpress on 6 February actually arrived! That's just shy of five months, but there has been a pandemic ofc. So that means the undies I ordered 10 days later may also yet turn up. Hmm...

Must be a diabolical build up of mail in China that can't be shipped due to there being so few flights anywhere. I mean like massive warehouses full of unshipped items.

A couple more things I ordered a month ago using "Aliexpress Standard shipping" would normally take about two weeks. They're both from Singapore and the tracking says "departed country of origin" but I'm not sure that's true. Anyway it's a good sign that my shirts arrived. Gives me some hope as I had given up on them.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

LOL. No lockdown on laundry delivery here, but my laundry lady turned up at my door yesterday (twice) with a selection of underwear, asking if they belonged to me. Mostly they were scabby jocks with no elastic and I vigorously denied all ownership. "Are you sure?" Fk yes. :o

Sorry, totally OT, but the late delivery service of your clothes made me think of this. :mrgreen:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:53 pm LOL. No lockdown on laundry delivery here, but my laundry lady turned up at my door yesterday (twice) with a selection of underwear, asking if they belonged to me. Mostly they were scabby jocks with no elastic and I vigorously denied all ownership. "Are you sure?" Fk yes. :o

Sorry, totally OT, but the late delivery service of your clothes made me think of this. :mrgreen:
Do you reckon Timmy might be abandoning his old skivvies in the expectation of an imminent replacement?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:10 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:53 pm LOL. No lockdown on laundry delivery here, but my laundry lady turned up at my door yesterday (twice) with a selection of underwear, asking if they belonged to me. Mostly they were scabby jocks with no elastic and I vigorously denied all ownership. "Are you sure?" Fk yes. :o

Do you reckon Timmy might be abandoning his old skivvies in the expectation of an imminent replacement?
Yeah, nah. Mine are all in fine condition, I just like to keep well stocked :)
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:47 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Yeah, nah. Mine are all in fine condition, I just like to keep well stocked :)
Well, thank god for that. Definitely weren't your jocks then. :cavity search smiley:
Hope they arrive in time for Xmas. :mulled:
lbg0411
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by lbg0411 »

Do you guys know if they check the package when it arrives?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic