Caught my eye, photos in Cambodia :)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Caught my eye, photos in Cambodia :)

Post by AndyKK »

Then dinner it is Sinus with fish caught in Koh Kong.

A Bucket of Fish

Always "hope" but never "expect".
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:22 pm Then dinner it is Sinus with fish caught in Koh Kong.

A Bucket of Fish

this is an interesting photo.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

fiscist symbology

monstra mihi bona!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

SINUS wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:10 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:22 pm Then dinner it is Sinus with fish caught in Koh Kong.

A Bucket of Fish

this is an interesting photo.
The mangrove red snapper, commonly called mangrove jack within Australia, is a species of snapper. It is also known as creek red bream, the Stuart evader, dog bream, mangrove red snapper, purple sea perch, purple sea-perch, red bream, red perch, red reef bream, river roman, or rock barramundi.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Working lives on the edge of the mangroves

The days start early for the people of the many fishing communities found on the edge or dotted throughout the mangroves of Cambodia. Fishing and farming, hunting and gathering, selling and buying, trading and bartering all go hand to hand in the communities, mostly whom live an existence of the norm, hand to mouth on a daily basis.
Just as the husband and wife team were out in their small boat, before the dawning of the days first light, drifting in and around the mangroves of koh Kong, inspecting their nets, and always in the hope that today will bring them luck, the signs of their catch was to be one of the better days of late, the harsher days, were now set behind has yesterday and days before, today the luck of the catch had been on their side and with four good fish, all hope now would lay with the sale of their catch and that of the days price at the local market.
The day happened to turn out good for my two friends, the catch sold quickly and at an agreeable price, soon they both returned from market, now too with a few essentials and needs, affords thanked of the days catch, the smaller fish that ended also in the nets would provide the evening meal, now with the compliment of a can or two of Angkor beer and the bottle of local made whisky for the young lady, making her feel warm inside. She also would be able to wash clothes with soap powder, resulting in a clean and pleasant aroma for their efforts of the day, after the meal and few dinks drawing to a close of the day, time for sleep and dreams of the new dawn, newly bought fuel would steer them together come the morning, toward good hopes of the days new catch.
That following new day also brings a boat full of gathered driftwood, the lady’s father would soon be hot at work making charcoal to be sold and used as essential cooking fuel.
People of these types of communities live a life, you could reflect of that being of simplistic form, living mostly what land and water will provide, days will be of good living, alongside this they will also adjure those times of expected hardships.

The Charcoal Maker

SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

In Cambodia, ruthlessly small
there lived and there was a man small.
He had a job small.
And a very small chair ...
(C) almost Robert Rozhdestvensky

SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

still life with a purple ladle. :)

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

The Lotus

We can safely say in these parts of the world, the lotus is not only that of a pretty flower, although the lotus symbolises purity, beauty, majesty, grace, fertility, wealth, richness, knowledge and serenity, but it is more than this, it is that of the sacred flower for Buddhists. It is therefore symbolically equal to the Buddha for Buddhists.

We will all undoubtedly see that of the lotus in our time residing or traveling in Cambodia, seeing the plant growing in fields has we journey throughout the country, sales on the market stalls, and that of entrance of the many Wats. Also note that seed pods sold by street vendors has good cheap tasty snacks, and that they are indeed, nicely washed down complementing that of a cool beer or two.
The Lotus plant is an aquatic perennial, native to southern Asia and Australia and most commonly cultivated in water gardens. The plant has its roots firmly in the mud and sends out long stems to which their leaves are attached. The leaves are sometimes, and Lotus flowers always, raised above the water surface. The beautiful and fragrant Lotus flower opens in the morning and petals fall in the afternoon.

white and pink colour in general and they grow in shallow and murky waters. Lotus flowers enjoy warm sunlight and are intolerant to cold weather. This is why the Lotus is not seen blossoming in the winter. The floating leaves and Lotus flowers have long stems, which contain air spaces to maintain the buoyancy. The Lotus is native to Asia and flourishes in a wide range of climates from India to China.
For my personal like of the flower and its subject matter, its always been that of a pleasure being in the peaceful fields among the lotus plants, workers don’t seem to mind that you are there, but do show that of curiosity toward you and in many cases I have found, more toward that of your wellbeing while you are there in their workplace .
I would say also it gives me the inspiration that could be lacking on some days, more so on what I would like to achieve, that from my hobby of the photographer (that I am clearly not), but to turn the photo into that of an own desire of a personal satisfying art form.

Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:17 pm Image
are you sure your camera's LSD screen is working properly?

monstra mihi bona!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Phnom Poon wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:17 pm are you sure your camera's LSD screen is working properly?
No! This one is a hand tinted copy :ROFL:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic