Kiwi Man, Robert Chambers, Accused of Attacking Khmer Girlfriend with Scissors on St 172

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Kiwi Man, Robert Chambers, Accused of Attacking Khmer Girlfriend with Scissors on St 172

Post by newkidontheblock »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:suspect: ROBERT BRYAN CHAMBERS, male, 56 years old, New Zealand nationality, occupation: tourist in Cambodia.
They probably got that off the entry visa application.

But still, I’d be embarrassed to put that as an occupation.

Why couldn’t the guy just have put ‘professional meth head’ as his occupation on the entry visa?

It would have been more honest.
RandyN
BANNED

Re: Kiwi Man, Robert Chambers, Accused of Attacking Khmer Girlfriend with Scissors on St 172

Post by RandyN »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:21 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:suspect: ROBERT BRYAN CHAMBERS, male, 56 years old, New Zealand nationality, occupation: tourist in Cambodia.
They probably got that off the entry visa application.

But still, I’d be embarrassed to put that as an occupation.

Why couldn’t the guy just have put ‘professional meth head’ as his occupation on the entry visa?

It would have been more honest.
Isn't it more likely they just asked the Kiwi his occupation after they arrested him, rather than making calls to the immigration department and asking the immigration officers to sift through boxes of documents for the guy's visa application to see what his occupation is?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

No excuses for this.Throw the book at him, then deport him.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
Black night is falling, oh I hate to be alone.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:57 am No excuses for this.Throw the book at him, then deport him.
easier said than done :D .

For that price he can just be left to rot in Prey Sar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic