Mongering in the low season

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Mongering in the low season

Post by Kratom123 »

Mrkoreaname wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:35 pm Hi everyone,

I have a holiday in Cambodia coming up fast. I'm there for the whole month of July. I understand this to be the middle of the rainy season, when tourism slumps.

Since the start of the month I've noticed all the bar girls I've kept in touch with since I was last there at the beginning of the year have sunk into a depression, bitterly complaining about not having customers and that they have to do actual work during the day, and communication has nearly completely died out.

What I want to ask is, what have I got to expect when I get there? Will I be greeted with half-starved skeletons? Will they be constantly in a shitty mood sapped of all fun? Is it worth it mongering in the low season?
Yes its like 1975 here
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Re: Mongering in the low season

Post by KTabi »

prahocalypse now wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:40 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm
Artful Dodger wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:41 pm working girls = thinking super gonorrhea , hiv, syphilis = not a good idea
An NGO did a tour of some (barang-owned) bars in PP doing tests and they were all clear.
I heard that the same NGO did a tour of girly bars and gave all the women IQ tests.

They all tested negative.
Ah that's awful mean some are just nice girls.
:thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic