Do You Use Wing ?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
aggro
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Do You Use Wing ?

Post by aggro »

I use ABA. Anyone I deal with has it: landlord, electric company, internet provider, SMART.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^^ You seem to be missing the point of Wing and this thread as well.

Not sure ABA would be useful for sending money to the folks in the village.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Username Taken wrote:^^^ You seem to be missing the point of Wing and this thread as well.

ABA requires that the recipient also have an ABA account. This is problem at the village level. That’s why missus still uses WING.
aggro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by aggro »

Username Taken wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:33 pm sending money to the folks in the village.
Why would I want to do that?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

aggro wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:03 pm
Username Taken wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:33 pm sending money to the folks in the village.
Why would I want to do that?
Simple, because this thread is called Do You Use Wing?

Why not start your own on topic thread called Anyone Else Use ABA?

:please:
aggro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by aggro »

I would want to send money to people in villages because this thread is called "Do you use wing?"

Sorry, what?

I answered the question in the title in my post. No, I don't use it.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Yes
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:17 am
Username Taken wrote:^^^ You seem to be missing the point of Wing and this thread as well.

ABA requires that the recipient also have an ABA account. This is problem at the village level. That’s why missus still uses WING.
If you have an ABA acct you can send money to anybody anytime , all they need is an ABA ATM , usually not a problem
... but according to Murphy’s law maybe the nearest ATM is far far away ( if you’re out in the boonies )
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

pissontheroof wrote:

If you have an ABA acct you can send money to anybody anytime , all they need is an ABA ATM , usually not a problem
... but according to Murphy’s law maybe the nearest ATM is far far away ( if you’re out in the boonies )
It needs to be in specific multiples though, usually $20. Even though some ATMs will spit out $50/$10 at times, they won't let you send more specific amounts. I use wing often to pay people for odd jobs or receive money for work. Accessible everywhere, but their app kind of sucks (wish I could send to someone who doesn't have an account/number to number).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:22 pm
pissontheroof wrote:

It needs to be in specific multiples though, usually $20. Even though some ATMs will spit out $50/$10 at times, they won't let you send more specific amounts. I use wing often to pay people for odd jobs or receive money for work. Accessible everywhere, but their app kind of sucks (wish I could send to someone who doesn't have an account/number to number).
Also, some Cambodians just prefer to use Wing rather than the bank. It might be that it is more user friendly for them.
From personal experience, my Khmer family members who have an ABA account (set up so that we can transfer money between us easily !) still usually choose to use Wing to send me money, rather than go to the bank and do a free transfer from account to account.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic