SECOND COVID-19 for new Arrivals

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Re: SECOND COVID-19 for new Arrivals

Post by jah steu »

Those are from your test in London. What about your 13 day second test in Phnom Penh? Does the certificate have any times on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
greenstripe99
Tourist
Australia

Post by greenstripe99 »

Thanks Doc - but my bad - I should have said the Cambodian certificate because that's where I'll be getting my test.

Appreciate the help
w
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

jah steu wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:54 pm Those are from your test in London. What about your 13 day second test in Phnom Penh? Does the certificate have any times on it?

I didn't get one. I paid for one, $30, but after hearing nothing from them for over 48 hours from the time of the test I just went to the bank and got my money back. The bank didn't ask for the certificate and I have no use for it either.

I have no idea where I am supposed to collect it from, or what details it contains. No paperwork was given to me after the test save only the two receipts - Test $100 and Certificate $30. I expect that if I went back to the testing station at the KSFH and gave them my receipts I could probably get it but, as I said before, that place is where high risk people would go for a test and the less time spent there the better.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:20 am
jah steu wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:54 pm Those are from your test in London. What about your 13 day second test in Phnom Penh? Does the certificate have any times on it?

I didn't get one. I paid for one, $30, but after hearing nothing from them for over 48 hours from the time of the test I just went to the bank and got my money back. The bank didn't ask for the certificate and I have no use for it either.

I have no idea where I am supposed to collect it from, or what details it contains. No paperwork was given to me after the test save only the two receipts - Test $100 and Certificate $30. I expect that if I went back to the testing station at the KSFH and gave them my receipts I could probably get it but, as I said before, that place is where high risk people would go for a test and the less time spent there the better.
maybe not following.. You took a second covid test -- you got paperwork stating you took a 2nd covid test-- then went to bank w receipt of taking the 2nd covid test and got money back? let me know if I understood correctly.

Or you paid to take your 2nd test-- but never took the 2nd test? sorry a little confused...

Regardless -- which receipt did you show the bank to get your money back?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I read the $30 is for a certificate saying he is covid free issued after the test
Kinda of a stupid thing to have as its only good for 72 hours.
Just a out and out ripoff of$30

plus only reason u would need it is if ur planning on flying out, which after all the shit u went thru to get in ......
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:17 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:20 am

maybe not following.. You took a second covid test -- you got paperwork stating you took a 2nd covid test-- then went to bank w receipt of taking the 2nd covid test and got money back? let me know if I understood correctly.

Or you paid to take your 2nd test-- but never took the 2nd test? sorry a little confused...

Regardless -- which receipt did you show the bank to get your money back?
I took the second test. The only paperwork I took away from it was two receipts; one for $100 for the test and the other for $30 for the certificate. There is no mention of where to collect the certificate on the receipts.

The bank did not ask to see the receipts or any evidence of my having taken the second test. All they wanted to see was my deposit slip (the one from the airport when I handed over the money) and passport. I was ask to sign the front and back of a blank withdrawal slip (not too happy about that at the time), and then I was told to take a seat.

Within 5 minutes I was called back to the counter and told the amount to be returned was $2757, which was exactly what I worked it out to be.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic