51 Arrests in Phnom Penh Railway Line Drug Raid

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

51 Arrests in Phnom Penh Railway Line Drug Raid

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: Phnom Penh Anti-Narcotics Task Force cracked down on 51 drug suspects in Toul Kork and Daun Penh on March 04, 2020 at 22:00.
Police National Police Commissariat of Phnom Penh Police Anti-Narcotics Office detained 51 male and female drug suspects and seized 10 packages of methamphetamine with the approval of the Prosecutor at Phnom Penh Municipal Court.
Police raided two locations suspected of illegal drug dealing at railroad crossing points, Village 16, Sangkat Teuk Laak I, Toul Kork, Phnom Penh, and at Sangkat Srah Chak, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh. They arrested both drug dealers and people suspected of buying drugs, including two women.
Police also confiscated 17 motorbikes, three lighters, and some drug paraphenalia.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: 51 Arrests in Phnom Penh Railway Line Drug Raid

Post by Ravensnest »

I can't say I remember any arrests with big drug seizures, I wonder why that is? (rhetorical question)
Still here, in country...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

From the government news site AKP:
Tougher Fight Against Illicit Drug Use and Trafficking
AKP Phnom Penh, February 29, 2020 --

Royal Government of Cambodia will not allow any illegal drug circulations ravaging social security, public order and human resources.

The commitment was made by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Samdech Kralahom Sar Kheng in the ministry’s annual meeting here in Phnom Penh recently.

To eliminate the drug circulations, Samdech Kralahom Sar Khneg called on competent authorities to investigate, prevent and crackdown on all forms of drug use and trafficking throughout the country.

Considering drug illicit as a big problem, the government is working hard to abolish it, and the endeavour is well aligned with the safe village and commune policy toward sustainable development and social stability, he continued.

During the first six months of 2019, concerned authorities intervened 11 large cases, confiscating over 700 kilogrammes of illicit drug, and arresting some 900 suspects.

By Lim Nary
https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/26938
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ravensnest wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:18 pm I can't say I remember any arrests with big drug seizures, I wonder why that is? (rhetorical question)
You're not paying attention, every other day someone is caught with a few kilo of meth.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:52 pm
Ravensnest wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:18 pm I can't say I remember any arrests with big drug seizures, I wonder why that is? (rhetorical question)
You're not paying attention, every other day someone is caught with a few kilo of meth.
you are right, up until I broke my shoulder I had been away. I do see a few where kilos are mentioned.
Still here, in country...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ten more arrests yesterday for drug trafficking and drug use along Phnom Penh's railway line:

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On July 23, 2020, Khan Toul Kok police collaborated with the Royal Gendarmerie and detained ten men for use or distribution of drugs among squatters living along the railway line in Sangkat Teuk Laok 1, Khan Toul Kok, Phnom Penh.

The police said that the ten suspects arrested included three drug traffickers and seven drug users.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:06 pm Ten more arrests yesterday for drug trafficking and drug use along Phnom Penh's railway line:

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On July 23, 2020, Khan Toul Kok police collaborated with the Royal Gendarmerie and detained ten men for use or distribution of drugs among squatters living along the railway line in Sangkat Teuk Laok 1, Khan Toul Kok, Phnom Penh.

The police said that the ten suspects arrested included three drug traffickers and seven drug users.
Which 3 of the 10 were not users?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Tarndog wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:28 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:06 pm Ten more arrests yesterday for drug trafficking and drug use along Phnom Penh's railway line:

Which 3 of the 10 were not users?

I'd say the far right, and the two at far left.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

ive been to those places. everyone smokes ice. nobody has a job. i guess the girls work as prostitutes and some of the guys are moto taxis. the rest just smoke and play cards. Im not really sure how the can afford the ice but I guess the rooms are cheap. no windows or water
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

My bet is the little guy on the far left is totally innocent and only got picked up with the rest because he was wearing a tshirt with a huge marijuana leaf on it. He does look like he is regretting his choice of clothing.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic