Teen Gang Rob Japanese Tourist in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Teen Gang Rob Japanese Tourist in Phnom Penh

Post by Doc67 »

Duncan wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:54 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:27 pm
Austman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:10 pm why do all these AAHHH "Gangsters" look so spindly Cambodian/Chinese same! Is it the junk there on? they all look like they need a good feed or 3 and a few years in the gym! They just don't fit in my picture of what big tough criminals are meant to look like! maybe I watch to many movies.
They look like kids aged 15-17, which is what they are. A lot of the bag snatchers seem to be spindly teenagers. You don't have to look like a thug to be a criminal. :(

IMO, keeping the teenagers out of school is not helping the crime wave. I don't have statistics to back that up, but it seems logical.

Somewhere in between skinny teenagers and overweight Chinese crims is the perfect size criminal.

Did someone steal one of his leg tattoos? He just looks ridiculous.

Also, did he get that torso tattoo when he was fat or thin? Surely it will look even more stupid with any significant body change.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic