Teen Gang Rob Japanese Tourist in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Teen Gang Rob Japanese Tourist in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): The criminal police of the Ministry of Interior, together with Khan Chamkarmorn police, arrested a group of 4 teenagers (1 girl) for snatching a bag from a group of Japanese tourists on July 14, 2020, at 3:20 pm, on street 294, Sangkat Tonle Basac, Khan Chamkarmorn, Phnom Penh.
The victim was identified as SUZUKI YUKIKO, a 41-year-old Japanese woman.
On July 23, 2020, the criminal police investigated and arrested four young suspects, who were identified as Pen Tong, a 16-year-old boy, Sok Chomroeun, a 15-year-old boy, Heng Yihong, a 17-year-old boy, and Eang Sopeary, a 16-year-old girl.

The police confiscated a motorbike and took the suspects to Khan Chamkarmorn police station for case preparation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Teen Gang Rob Japanese Tourist in Phnom Penh

Post by Austman »

why do all these AAHHH "Gangsters" look so spindly Cambodian/Chinese same! Is it the junk there on? they all look like they need a good feed or 3 and a few years in the gym! They just don't fit in my picture of what big tough criminals are meant to look like! maybe I watch to many movies.
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Austman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:10 pm why do all these AAHHH "Gangsters" look so spindly Cambodian/Chinese same! Is it the junk there on? they all look like they need a good feed or 3 and a few years in the gym! They just don't fit in my picture of what big tough criminals are meant to look like! maybe I watch to many movies.
They look like kids aged 15-17, which is what they are. A lot of the bag snatchers seem to be spindly teenagers. You don't have to look like a thug to be a criminal. :(

IMO, keeping the teenagers out of school is not helping the crime wave. I don't have statistics to back that up, but it seems logical.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Tourists?
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:27 pm
Austman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:10 pm why do all these AAHHH "Gangsters" look so spindly Cambodian/Chinese same! Is it the junk there on? they all look like they need a good feed or 3 and a few years in the gym! They just don't fit in my picture of what big tough criminals are meant to look like! maybe I watch to many movies.
They look like kids aged 15-17, which is what they are. A lot of the bag snatchers seem to be spindly teenagers. You don't have to look like a thug to be a criminal. :(

IMO, keeping the teenagers out of school is not helping the crime wave. I don't have statistics to back that up, but it seems logical.

Somewhere in between skinny teenagers and overweight Chinese crims is the perfect size criminal.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I find that guy's tat pretty cool though. Nice ink job.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

Duncan wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Somewhere in between skinny teenagers and overweight Chinese crims is the perfect size criminal.

You picked one out of how many spindly well to do crims, he still looks scrawny to me, his head is a soccer ball, knock kneed, and needs a few years in the gym. just hasn't lost his baby fat yet...
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

Austman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:19 pm

You picked one out of how many spindly well to do crims, he still looks scrawny to me, his head is a soccer ball, knock kneed, and needs a few years in the gym. just hasn't lost his baby fat yet...
actually looks like most of the expats here! but its not baby fat and the fat is not on their guts its between their ears.
Chukwow
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Chukwow »

Austman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:34 pm
Austman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:19 pm

actually looks like most of the expats here! but its not baby fat and the fat is not on their guts its between their ears.
I like it its true!
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

Felgerkarb wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:44 pm Tourists?
Very insightful mate what are you trying to say ! A man of few words! hey! GR8 stuff!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic