Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenced)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by cautious colin »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:48 pm Definitely one of the strangest and darkest stories on CEO. It all started with a news item about some unknown body parts washed up on the Phnom Penh riverfront last year.
newsworthy/body-parts-washing-riverside ... ml#p341497

But then, it gets weird because the prime suspects in the case were people known to expats on both Cambodian expat forums. The husband even worked for one of them. (Not CEO.) The woman was running a (popular?) Tex-Mex restaurant in Phnom Penh.

Most of you know all this, but some newcomers to the forum may be confused since the story is getting bumped up again.
There's also some gruesome photos on darknet somewhere.
I don't know the man or never ate at the restaurant, but I think 2 points are very clear

The restaurant wasn't popular (the amount of ads everyday suggest that)

He is clearly either complicit or was aware (no need for evidence, it's f*ing obvious)
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I definitely heard of the restaurant before and it was always a "one day I should try that" but I never actually did. I bet a number of forum members have eaten there, for those that have was it any good?
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

I ate there once, and got delivery another time. And to be fair. It was tasty.

I even had the infamous ribs. Pretty sure they were not human. Mac n cheese was tasty also.

Got a strange vibe though. Maybe that's just hindsight. Plus, after seeing the freezer and the house with my own eyes. NO WAY is that story plausible.
CBEQ
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CBEQ »

I actually ordered a chimichanga just before the news broke out. It was delicious but I kind of put this story in the back of my head. I don't want to think about eating food potentially frozen along with human body parts.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

GMJS-CEO wrote:I definitely heard of the restaurant before and it was always a "one day I should try that" but I never actually did. I bet a number of forum members have eaten there, for those that have was it any good?
Had take out once. Posted a review. Unimpressive food. Got roasted by multiple CEO members for not posting a glowing review of the outstanding food (from their point of view).

Missus had a weird vibe when she was there.

Ran into the guy a couple of times afterwards.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by AndyKK »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:09 pm
SockPuppet wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm terrific story! have known husband for many years and I believe he is completely harmless. Either way, involved or not (if the case I can't believe he would get involved willingly), a terrible situation to find oneself in this wonderous country. Feel sorry for the guy who just wanted to have a family.

Forums at its best as usual: a lot of baseless speculations and everybody is a CSI investigator, a psychoanalyst, and a serial killer profiler.

Just hope this mess will eventually work out the best it can given the circumstances. Thoughts are with families and friends of all involved one or the other way.
I can't see many that are really speculating on the forum, but it would be better left alone, same could be said for writings and journalism, stories but that indeed sells. Better letting the authorities do their work.
Has for psychopath killers, history and fact would prove many had worked alone.
I had only visited the café once, and that was because, I had read about it on this site, unfortunately we did not eat, due to them not having the ingredient's over the holiday time, she was very apologetic over this, we stayed a little while and had a drink and a pleasant chat with the husband and the few customers.
Like I said about speculation! When we visited it was due to the post on this forum that the husband was promoting the restaurant, also with the free offer of a beer with a meal to members of CEO. Thinking back now the thread has once more come alive, at the time we arrived at the restaurant, we were looking over the menu, when my partner said she desperately needed use of the bathroom. I asked where the bathroom/toilet was, this seemed to send a silence in the room. The wife appeared and shook her head to say "No", and she wandered into the back where she first came from, but then came back and spoke to my partner in Khmer, she then guided her too and from the bathroom. I also noticed the wife was very tense and that of someone being hypoactive at the time. The husband was talking with friends, another customer arrived and sat in the opposite corner to us, but he never talked only to make his order. The wife sat outside on floormats with other Khmer in a position to view the restaurant. Speculation, is now I may understand the other reason why there was no food, that apart from vegetable's, was the freezer full when my partner walked past, and thinking on the guys sitting talking were indeed playing things down and cool.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:32 pm I definitely heard of the restaurant before and it was always a "one day I should try that" but I never actually did. I bet a number of forum members have eaten there, for those that have was it any good?
I went to the old location at toul sleng. It was only take out then. Chicken fried steak and mac and cheese were good. Whole family were just sat outside. They also had a mini stall outside Samai distillery one night I went doing mini bites. All were tasty especially the jalapeño poppers.
RandyN
BANNED

Post by RandyN »

cautious colin wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:32 pm
He is clearly either complicit or was aware (no need for evidence, it's f*ing obvious)
If this were "obvious" there would be evidence, no?
mekongme
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by mekongme »

I lived a few doors down from the Alamo. Just next door to the little Vietnamese store that sold beer and snacks.
Once a week/Fortnite I would go to order the quesadilla, which I might add was rather tasty.
I came home from work to see all the police and locals chattering about what went on.
As a regular, I never noticed a difference in their attitudes or personas. I would have eaten there two nights before she was arrested. I don't really have an opinion on what happened, whether they are guilty or not. My point is, if he was guilty, he would have been a lot more nervous. He seemed the same to me. He isn't a hardened criminal who may have contained his fear of the act. I also think I am a pretty good judge of character.
Just my 2 cents worth
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic