Garden Supplies in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Garden Supplies in Phnom Penh?

Post by IraHayes »

I noticed a couple of packets of Mint seeds in Docs list.... I saw some sprigs of a large leaved variety at a local market vendor so bought a bunch, popped them in water for a few days till roots started to show then stuck them in a temp. pot (I use the 2l milk containers cut down in an L shape that leaves the handle on) and they are growing nicely.

While I am on the OT of scavenger propagation hunting I noticed a few parks have Heliconia beds and the rhizomes are often visible on the surface.... easy to snap off a couple of small pieces and voila... another nice plant for the balcony.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

I had a tomato grow randomly on my balcony. was very healthy but decided to die rather then fruit. when I pulled it out, like many plants Ive grown here the roots hadnt gone into the soil at all. a lot of whats sold here as soil is actually toxic to plants. very difficult to get decent soil but Im sure if you can things like tomatoes would grow well
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

My tomato plants here in Oz are going great guns. Lots of fruit and flowers but the cucumber plants have Downy Mildew so have given up on them.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:19 pm
I tried to grow tomatoes here. They became fully grown from seed. full of flowers but not one fruit.
I have a box full of seeds to try again with. I just don't know if it is possible in this heat and humidity. I have all sorts of herb seeds. I grew corriander which ran to seed and becane useless. Basil grew well though.
I would like to try again with tomatoes
Any thoughts.
My tomoatoes grew here. Not the best yield and the skin a little thick but they were good enough.

Basil (thai & holy) grows well. And is very easy to get going, as is dill.

The one I am struggling with, suprisingly, are my chillies. Similar to your tomatoes, flower constantly but that's all
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Update Re: Twin Agri (for future forum searches)

7th October 2023
Twin Agri is still at the location as shown on Google Maps.
The T-junction you turn down from the main road now has a nice new Total Gasoline station on the corner and the road itself is now concrete.

A 50kg bag of compost was $12.50
Delivery to my home was $2 + I will tip the driver $2 to carry it up to my 1st floor apartment when he arrives, too.

Still a great compost that I can personally recommend to other forum users.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic