Saudi groom's divorce at first sight....

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Saudi groom's divorce at first sight....

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

A SAUDI groom has reportedly divorced his bride on their wedding night after she removed her veil and he saw her face for the first time.

The couple, from the western Saudi city of Medinah, had arranged to marry without seeing or meeting each other, according to a report in local newspaper Okaz, as translated by Gulf News.

It wasn’t until the couple was preparing to have their wedding photo taken that the groom saw his new wife’s face — and was deeply disappointed.

“You are not the girl I want to marry,” he reportedly told her. “You are not the one I had imagined. I am sorry, but I divorce you.”

The woman immediately burst into tears in front of her gathered family and friends.

The shocking story quickly spread on social media, where the groom was criticised for being “totally irresponsible” and “utterly insensitive.”

“He caused her great pain through his irresponsible attitude, and he deserves to suffer,” one user, Afra, is quoted as saying.

“He should appreciate that beauty is in the character, not the face. Unfortunately, many young people today are interested only in looks and ignore values and morals. May God give her a better husband who will appreciate her for who and what she is.”

Source http://mobile.news.com.au/world/saudi-g ... 7126432912
Using Tapatalk
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Saudi groom's divorce at first sight....

Post by General Mackevili »

Ha! That's hilarious! He did them both a favor in the long run.

I was just talking about this with my students, one who is getting married very soon, and the wedding is costing him around $50,000. Ouch.

Sounds like it's typical for the parents to find these brides and then the family goes to meet them without their son.

If the family likes her, and her and her family likes his family, they report back to the son.

My students had funny stories about their mom would say how lovely the girl was, then their sister would say, "HELL NO!" And then they'd find them on Instagram or something, LoL.

Then both families would have a chance to meet up again with the groom and bride to be's.

My class seemed divided on when they would get to see the bride's face themselves, but generally right before they confirmed the engagement.

All this said, I obviously only talked to a small group of Saudis about this. Most of them said there is no way they'd want or find a wife that would agree to him having other wives.

And most seemed rather traditional, but a few said they will find and choose their own wife and their family will just go ahead and approve it.

And I don't know the details, but they get all sorts of payouts from the government when they marry, including help with a house, car and maybe even cash.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

What about your female students? What did they say? Oh wait...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

General Mackevili wrote:.And I don't know the details, but they get all sorts of payouts from the government when they marry, including help with a house, car and maybe even cash.
:D Do they pay extra compensation if she turns out like that after removing her veil:

Spoiler:
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic