Hunters Nabbed Shooting Deer in Ratanakkiri National Park

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Hunters Nabbed Shooting Deer in Ratanakkiri National Park

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Ratanakkiri Province: Two hunters were arrested by the park rangers of Veun Sai-Siem Pang National Park after they were found illegally hunting wildlife in the park on the night of July 17, 2020, in Rattanakiri Province.
According to a release from the Ministry of Environment, the two suspects, Ang Bun and Pet Chet Prean Prey, were arrested by the park rangers at Veun Sai-Siem Pang National Park while they were patrolling.

At the same time as arresting the two hunters, the ranger officers confiscated 3 wild animals that were shot dead by the hunters, two deer and another smaller mammal, possibly a mouse deer. [Can anyone confirm ? ] Park rangers also confiscated two improvised explosive devices, a small box of ammunition and a bicycle.
After the confiscation, the three animals were burned on the spot. The two suspects have been charged and sent to court for legal action.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Hunters Nabbed Shooting Deer in Ratanakkiri National Park

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Yes News, two Red Muntjacs and a Mouse Deer.

This park could quite easily be securely protecred forever i reckon
- from poacher loggers and encroachers.
Cheap too, just put a big fence around the perimeter and re-release a couple families of tigers inside.

:mrgreen: i wish
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:30 pm Yes News, two Red Muntjacs and a Mouse Deer.

This park could quite easily be securely protected forever i reckon
- from poacher loggers and encroachers.
Cheap too, just put a big fence around the perimeter and re-release a couple families of tigers inside.

:mrgreen: i wish

I think you are joking. right?

Conservation International (CI) has worked in the Veun Sai-Siem Pang region since 2009 to help protect nature for the benefit of people. The organization helped secure legal protection for the 57,500-hectare (136,000-acre) Veun Sai-Siem Pang National Park, declared in 2016. Conservation International supports teams of rangers from the government and communities who patrol the forest, alert officials to illegal logging, and educate communities on why it is in their interest to keep the forest intact. After the 2010 discovery of a new species of gibbon in the area — the northern yellow-cheeked crested gibbon — Conservation International researchers habituated a small population of the primate and worked with the local community to develop an ecotourism project, providing the apes a sanctuary in the trees while also offering families a more secure, sustainable income source.

Thats alot of fencing to be done! 57,500 hectares wow......And alot of cash from one of the greenie groups!
And the northern yellow-cheeked crested gibbon might not like the cats
And if you look at the pics closely those people have riffles! I reckon the tigers might not like them!
They caught some poachers thats a good thing!
Its a pity they didn't catch them early enough...
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I though that the government’s drive for villagers to turn in their guns was supposed to prevent poaching like this?

Does that mean gun control doesn’t work?

So criminal poachers don’t actually give up all their guns when the government asks them to?

I’m shocked!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Yes, A'man ^^^ I was joking.
But as it happens, tigers and are being considered for this park.

And yes Nuke, gun control including amnesties do have an big effect in many places.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

if you look at the pics closely those people have riffles!
No, they are smoothbore Laos muzzle loading muskets. Generally about .17 calibre and loaded double shotted.
Completely useless as a combat weapon.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

and the tigers will use them as toothpicks
Chukwow
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by Chukwow »

nemo wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:45 pm
if you look at the pics closely those people have riffles!
No, they are smoothbore Laos muzzle loading muskets. Generally about .17 calibre and loaded double shotted.
Completely useless as a combat weapon.
It all depends on how close you get! If your a sneaky bastard.
looks like those deer didn't have any combat weapons! Either!
They must have belted the dear to death with those shooting sticks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic