SECOND COVID-19 for new Arrivals

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

SECOND COVID-19 for new Arrivals

Post by Doc67 »

I just had my second Covid-19 test at the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital.

TAKE CASH $130 to be precise.

I didn't think about it before going, but this is a testing station for everyone, not just new arrivals for and they do not accept your deposit slip as payment; they do not make any deductions from your deposit. They do not take credit/debit cards. It's cash only.

I left the house this morning with my passport, deposit slip, boarding card, form from the hotel etc. What more could I need? Well, money for one thing. I left the house without a bean on me. It was just a mistake that I realised only when I saw wads of cash being paid over at the testing station. PANIC!!!

Fortunately there was an ABA ATM near the hospital, but it was still a 1 kilometre walk there and back in shitty traffic and heat. Even if I had taken my cash with me, I just assumed the test is paid for by way of deduction and I would not have had enough. I had been processed so by the time I got back with the cash it was very quick.

The procedure is to present yourself at the testing station. No appointment necessary (Pictures below will take you to it with ease.) They will take a photo on their phone of your passport and want your Cambodian phone number. They will take your passport and copy it. They then fill in a form and a number card (for your place in the testing queue out the back) and, once paid, you get two receipts; $100 for the test and $30 for the certificate. This certificate is used for many purposes such as travel to China for example. I don't think I need one but I just got charged for it. Whether I need it for the bank to get my deposit remains to be seen and I will report back in due course.

You get your passport back with the form etc and then proceed to the rear of an old dilapidated hut where there will be people siting around waiting, but not for long. They are not messing around here. There is one room with two guys in the full hazmat suits. Sit - nose - throat - leave, Very quick and painless, like before.

As long as you show up with cash, this whole process is fairly straightforward. I would just mention again that anyone can turn up here, including people who think they have it or have been on contact with others who might have it. It is not just the likes of me who have had two prior tests and been in isolation, thus in a very low risk group. You could well be getting close to high risk people here so... masks and hand sanitizer should be taken and keep your distance from people, you don't know where they might have been.

Getting There, in pictures.

Enter from the Main entrance in Street 271

Walk towards the main building and on the right hand side will be a small entrance to the Outpatients department, go in there

Through Reception, you do not need to register or talk to anyone:

Out the other side and along corridor for about 20 feet and you will then see the first of the RED ARROWS
Follow them...

These arrows will lead you to the testing station which is at the rear of the main building, about 5 minutes from reception
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: SECOND COVID-19 for new Arrivals

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

@Doc67 Thanks for the clear report and walk through. And also for the warning to take adequate precautions regarding the other patients and surroundings when you go for the test.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:22 pm @Doc67 Thanks for the clear report and walk through. And also for the warning to take adequate precautions regarding the other patients and surroundings when you go for the test.
My next report is going to be on the latest news from Street 136 and the girls fighting in the street!! (Maybe they heard I am back)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:39 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:22 pm @Doc67 Thanks for the clear report and walk through. And also for the warning to take adequate precautions regarding the other patients and surroundings when you go for the test.
My next report is going to be on the latest news from Street 136 and the girls fighting in the street!! (Maybe they heard I am back)
:director:
LOL, breaking news tonight ! Doc67 arrested and taken to the Department of Immigration after he got into a wild bar girl smash and slam on St 136. Doc67 arrived in Cambodia through PIA two days ago. He has been sent to the Deportation office for processing according to the legal procedure.
(Photo of Doc67 with immigration police.)
:plus1:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:55 pm
:director:
LOL, breaking news tonight ! Doc67 arrested and taken to the Department of Immigration after he got into a wild bar girl smash and slam on St 136. Doc67 arrived in Cambodia through PIA two days ago. He has been sent to the Deportation office for processing according to the legal procedure.
(Photo of Doc67 with immigration police.)
:plus1:
I was going to meet a mate of @DaveG and it all went Pete Tong. (This is what 2 weeks of isolation does to man)Image
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

has it been 2 weeks already bro?? time flies....see u soon
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Hmmm, 48 hours and still no news. They took my phone number, and the receipts don't give any instructions to call anyone.
First test results came back in about 24 hours, but maybe new arrivals get priority.

I am not saying I am concerned, but I am keeping an eye out in the street for a big white van with blue lights and a gang of people in hazmat suits jumping out...
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@doc67@Doc67 ...don't expect a phone call, based on reports you are unlikely to receive one unless tested positive. Go to the bank and claim your refund.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:55 am @doc67@Doc67 ...don't expect a phone call, based on reports you are unlikely to receive one unless tested positive. Go to the bank and claim your refund.
Really? So the Covid-19 free certificate I paid $30 for is where? What if I wanted it for travel? I assumed the bank would require it.

If I hear nothing by 2pm I am going to the CAB branch and try and get the refund.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

I'm wondering if a trip back to the hospital test centre to grab the certificate would be a wise idea. Sometimes the direct approach pays off. Or you might also find out they are so inundated everything is delayed but you may at least be told that someone will call you this week. Or they might look up your results and tell you you're A-OK. Then you can relax.

On Monday, I went to the health insurance company head office here in Bangkok after numerous failures to find out by phone and email why their online application would not work for me. Got to talk to a good English speaker and approval to fill out the long application, photograph the pages and email them. Much relief. The health package is mandatory for renewing my retirement extension.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic