Coffee suggestions in Cambodia?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Coffee suggestions in Cambodia?

Post by Pizzalover »

In my case it was bugs. It had stored the boots and coffeemaker among other stuff in a box in the basement. Once I had taken them out of the box and in a neighboring room, mayhem must have started. Travel plans changed and I forgot to put the stuff back. 6 months later a layer right through the climbing boots was gone. Looked like a chain saw had walked through it. The ring in the biagletti looked like the rest of a deer after a pack of wolves had come over for dinner. Friends had the same problem. I doubt that the weather had much impact. Dark cellar, all concrete.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:16 pm
cautious colin wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:18 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:17 am
AndyKK wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:02 am It's a good thread this one. May I ask how members prepare there coffee, do you have a perculater, being electric, or the type that sits on the gas stove.
Thanks.. I didn't realize how much goes into purchasing good coffee-- of course "good" is subjective. Grinding your own coffee seems cool but many times i just want my coffee and go .. but seems like it can be worth it if have the time.

I have a cafetera. Its pretty simple but makes 1 or 2 cups of coffee per use

Do you have a cafetiere or a Moka pot?
When it was purchased for me, they said it was a cafetera but your right. It's exactly the same thing...
I don't think so. I think a Moka pot produces slightly better coffee when done right (much harder to master too). Closer to an espresso than a standard cafetiere.

Where did you get it from?
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kratom123 »

lurk
BklynBoy wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:28 pm Anyone can suggest good coffee brands to purchase while in Cambodia? Was thinking something local
Is it also possible to purchase Vietnamese coffee in Cambodia?

Not by the cup but 16 oz etc and Definitely not that cold sweet stuff

I noticed Three Corners is one
Google it
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

cautious colin wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:24 am
BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:16 pm
cautious colin wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:18 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:17 am
AndyKK wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:02 am It's a good thread this one. May I ask how members prepare there coffee, do you have a perculater, being electric, or the type that sits on the gas stove.
Thanks.. I didn't realize how much goes into purchasing good coffee-- of course "good" is subjective. Grinding your own coffee seems cool but many times i just want my coffee and go .. but seems like it can be worth it if have the time.

I have a cafetera. Its pretty simple but makes 1 or 2 cups of coffee per use

Do you have a cafetiere or a Moka pot?
When it was purchased for me, they said it was a cafetera but your right. It's exactly the same thing...
I don't think so. I think a Moka pot produces slightly better coffee when done right (much harder to master too). Closer to an espresso than a standard cafetiere.

Where did you get it from?
ordered it on amazon. Someone suggested looking into it.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Sounds like moths or something.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic