Khmer man Apologizes for Naked Photo at Virachey National Park

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Khmer man Apologizes for Naked Photo at Virachey National Park

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Ratanakiri): The Ministry of Environment sent a letter of complaint to a man who posted a picture of himself naked at Virachey National Park, Ratanakkiri, and posted it on social media.

After receiving the blame from the Ministry of Environment, on July 12, 2020, the owner of the social media page Buth Buntha, made an apology letter and sent it to the Department of the Environment to request forgiveness and promised to never make the same mistake ever again.
The culprit said he was very sorry and he didn't intend to insult the Virachey National Park, which is an Asian heritage area and also a place of worship for indigenous people in Ratanakkiri province.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Khmer man Apologizes for Naked Photo at Virachey National Park

Post by Clutch Cargo »

This one certainly did the rounds on FB...the caveat: 'just for fun, no offence intended' didn't cut any ice.. :nono:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The fact he wrote his caveat demonstrates his knowledge of the likelihood of offense being caused, making it wilful. It's a bit like saying, "with all due respect...." before going on to call someone an idiot.

Question: Why not just post it on an anonymous page, or via a friends page, and let it do it's thing without incriminating yourself? Or is that just the narcissistic nature of FB?
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

There are many that want their 15 minutes of fame (infamy) and will pull almost any stunt thinkable to achieve it.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Are we sure he wasn't hoping to get work advertising watches?

I zoomed in and then happened to spot the watch - full body scan was required to get the details that are yet to surface.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I understand the cultural sensitivities and I do believe that we should conform to them, regardless of whether we agree with them or not, but I can't see what all the fuss is about if I'm honest. Artistically speaking, I quite like the picture. It's possibly the most natural picture you could ever make. Since when did nature become so offensive?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

eh, feel like this one of those rare "any press is good press", never heard of "Virachey National Park' till this, after a quick google i was thinking it looks quite nice to go hiking through(not sure if ther are many trails)... and as much i cringe at the instagram stupid photo culture, its pretty easy to ignore.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

i'm sure it's great for hiking
up until you stumble on some dude baring all

monstra mihi bona!
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America