Late night 8 Hour Transit in Bangkok

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Late night 8 Hour Transit in Bangkok

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Hoping you guys have got some decent suggestions for me for an upcoming flight.

I will be arriving at BKK at midnight, and my onward flight isn't until just after 0800hrs. I don't really want to be stuck inside the airport for that long and I'm not interested in getting a hotel and sleeping. I understand the majority of bars are closing at around 0100hrs now. I am hoping my checked in luggage will be sent all the way through to my destination, and I will have a small carry-on. Anyone in the know or have any decent suggestions, please help me!

Thank you kindly in advance :beer3:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Late night 8 Hour Transit in Bangkok

Post by General Mackevili »

I'd try a "club".

They definitely close later.

Plenty of time for some trouble.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

There's always time for trouble....but its on like donkey kong when I hit the club and start popping bottles...I would definitely miss my flight! Missus would kill me, lol!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

What you looking to do?

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I just really don't wanna hang around BKK for 8hrs, I've done it a few times before at the same time of night, and it's no fun at all.

Keen just to find a bar where I can chill with a few beers, maybe some food, bonus if there's some eye-candy, lol. I'm getting the feeling that the only places that do seem to be open past 0100 are the clubs...I may just have to check 'em out and be on my best behavior! A massage might be nice after 14 hours of travelling, but I doubt I'll find much at that time of night aye.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

I've been to Spicy and Climax.

Some ideas...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/684 ... -or-clubs/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Other than clubs, there are the sidewalk pop-up bars & restaurants around Suk & Asoke & Soi 11. On Soi 22 in Queens Park Plaza some bars in the back will stay open 'till the sun comes up if you're spending $$. There's also a Bar on Soi Cowboy called Penny Black that stays open at least 'till 4. It's on the L facing Asoke, down by Country Rd. Make sure you go to the 3rd floor as the 2nd floor bar is gay. It fills up with SC girls with no customers that night. Up on Soi 33 I've crawled out of Barfly & Lookie Lookie at 6am a few Xs too. There's probably some good recent threads on this on Pattaya Addicts & Bangkok Addicts. I haven't been to any of these places after hrs, post-coup. BTW, you may be charged 700B Airport Tax when you get back to BKK. IME, it's been hit or miss.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

I'd head right to Nana and get a seat at Big Dogs or some such. Place that looks onto the street. Watch the zoo a while, then head around the corner to one of the sidewalk bars. Soi 38 has good food but might be closed by 3am. Dunno, club might be it for really late, but for me an hour or two watching Nana then zip up to Soi 38 for an hour of eats and chillin there would do for me. Then cab it back to the airport around 4 or so. If yer layover was any longer I'd be thinking eat, sleep, wake up head to airport. Might be better if yer in on a weekend, fri or sat night.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

There are enough inexpensive and expensive hotels near the airport. Maybe a 100-150 baht taxi ride away. You could get some sleep and maybe a massage. If it was a long flight from the US that might help your feet.
Get back to the airport early for a breakfast in the foodcourt at the lower level.

2nd thought: Depending on your options, leave out the hotel and spent the savings on the massage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic