Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I knew this would happen, keep the general populace under severely restrictive conditions for the last 3 months and then at the earliest opportunity let in the preferential, no doubt with backhanders without applying the same standards. I said the Middle East, and here we have an Egyptian and Sudanese. So so predictable.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Wrightstate
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Wrightstate »

Alex wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:24 pm
Dunderhead wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:21 pm Oh my 2 more cases and 58 dead. Since 80% of those are elderly that makes about 10 dead under 60. With a population of 70 million. One can only shrug at the gullibility of the public.
And then you look at their road deaths and you really think wtf?!
So true - 12400 road fatalities last year in Thailand, compared to say the UK at 1800 with similar populations. And from what I've seen Thai roads are in much better condition, to the embarrassment of the UK! You may be able to shield from a killer virus, but it must be almost impossible not travel by road at some point.
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

If you believe that the US with 4% of world population can have 25% of worldwide cases you will believe anything the media tells you. Because the government pays US private hospitals for corona cases they are overeported by about 500%. So the 132000 is really about 30000. Since 80 % of those are elderly the number of dead under 60 is about 6000 That is about .005% of the population. And the few countries that did not lockdown did not experience any exponenntial growth either.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Dunderhead wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:42 am If you believe that the US with 4% of world population can have 25% of worldwide cases you will believe anything the media tells you. Because the government pays US private hospitals for corona cases they are overeported by about 500%.
How do you over-report coronavirus cases? Fake the lab results? I agree with the first sentence I've quoted, but I think your conclusion is upside down: The US isn't over-reporting cases. Other countries are under-reporting.
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

It is cute how you believe that the stats can't be faked. The media you watch is owned by a tiny group of people. The talking heads will report whatever they are told to report. Do you actually believe they still do fact checking?
There is no investigative journalism it is pure entertainment to sell advertising.
chinesetakeaway
Expatriate
Niue

Post by chinesetakeaway »

Dunderhead wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:42 am It is cute how you believe that the stats can't be faked. The media you watch is owned by a tiny group of people. The talking heads will report whatever they are told to report. Do you actually believe they still do fact checking?
There is no investigative journalism it is pure entertainment to sell advertising.
You’re one of the few very smart posters on here!

Btw, how do you put someone on ignore?
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Alex wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:01 am The US isn't over-reporting cases. Other countries are under-reporting.
This.

Detected cases globally is a tip of the iceberg of real infections.

Then again, what is the point of detecting too many? Most people will catch it like most people catch a flu. Reporting deaths only will be enough to keep vulnerable public on alert. Reporting detected cases is just an unnecessary scare-mongering which causes mayhem in society and economy. If i wasn’t convinced this is due to panic, i’d believe in conspiracy. But no, this looks too fucked up to be anything but incompetence caused by irrational fear.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Alex wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:24 pm
Dunderhead wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:21 pm Oh my 2 more cases and 58 dead. Since 80% of those are elderly that makes about 10 dead under 60. With a population of 70 million. One can only shrug at the gullibility of the public.
And then you look at their road deaths and you really think wtf?!
good point and they still making cars that go faster and faster
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic