Will Racism Ever End?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Will Racism Ever End?

Post by Big Daikon »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:55 am You might not like the results..
That is true.
but suicide in America is dominated by white men, who account for 70 percent of all cases
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... en-841576/
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

This from an Oxford dictionary defining racism: the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another. {end}
Concepts of race based on observable traits are now pseudo science as there is more genetic diversity within these so called racial populations by a factor of 10.

We all bandy about the term, "race" and in this case its the white people talking about non white people and the friction or lack of fairness in those relations.
I would add that as a white person I have experienced plenty of "reverse racism" which is odd enough and not worth the digging.

Racism will never end and its largely a social construct, but the "primal mapping" {defined here:} the unconscious decisions a primate makes when interacting/observing another primate, is not so easily quantifiable. In face, humans thinking and executing decisions consciously is currently still a gray area.

I am happy to know how far Australia has come from its recent "All White" immigration policies and is now some type of utopia.

I don't agree that some folks are just a holes minus me and that explains this racism stuff. Its too easy and it seeks to gain innocence as the verdict in who is a racist or not.

Interesting to note the UK posters contributions here and it makes me wonder about the generations they are from and,I know, that would make me an ageist.

Asking whether racism will end implies it should end - that it is learned and not an unconscious matter. It implies we are different from animals and need not concern ourselves with animals in nature as they are unlike us.
I disagree with that and any agendas associated with this idea that humans are different than animals. This idea goes out with the human centered universe concept also.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Getting more coherent there. I like that.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Big D, I m a real SOB when I sober up in the morning for an hour or two.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

bossho wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:55 pm Big D, I m a real SOB when I sober up in the morning for an hour or two.
Sober? WTF?

(Morning classes are done. Hitting the bourbon at the moment.)
finish_money
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by finish_money »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:55 am
Big Daikon wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:32 am Be careful with that equality stuff, you might not like the results.

In the US, equality will probably mean equally shitty. The US is rapidly turning into a Third World sweatshop.
not concerned at all.. You might not like the results..

but ur comment reminds me of what this poster said : Hierarchy people think there’s a natural order. Some people belong on top. Others belong at the bottom.
yeah seeing things through the hierarchy lens can be a gift and a curse. on the one hand it helps to understand why some people have so little compassion, and on the other, knowing how susceptible they are to fear tactics can be extremely depressing 😆
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

finish_money wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:10 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:55 am
Big Daikon wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:32 am Be careful with that equality stuff, you might not like the results.

In the US, equality will probably mean equally shitty. The US is rapidly turning into a Third World sweatshop.
not concerned at all.. You might not like the results..

but ur comment reminds me of what this poster said : Hierarchy people think there’s a natural order. Some people belong on top. Others belong at the bottom.
yeah seeing things through the hierarchy lens can be a gift and a curse. on the one hand it helps to understand why some people have so little compassion, and on the other, knowing how susceptible they are to fear tactics can be extremely depressing 😆
Fear is a healthy instinct.

Hierarchy can be quite flexible. Whoever seizes power gets to be on top.
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

Yerg wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:01 am
John Bingham wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:24 pm
BklynBoy wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:45 pm Maybe some people are just assholes or they feel like to blame others for their own problems or whatever.
That's pretty much the crux of it all. Most people seem to be ok but there are a whole lot of assholes out there. Many locals here seem of very friendly dispositions, but when you introduce Viets into the conversation it doesn't seem so much anymore. And by the way Sesame Street was my favorite show as a kid in the early 70s.
I suppose that’s part of my point JB. An absolute hatred of a SE Asian. By a SE Asian. I know it runs deeper. The Indian caste system is another one. It’s just nuts.
Yes thats a great point about the Indian Caste system I only experienced it in last few years. As Australia Industry is/has been employing Indian workers to fill the gaps we have in specific industries! Its was at times difficult for me to work through (the caste system) as I hadn't experienced if previously and it was really hard to manage! I was used to treading on egg shells with other minority groups working in PNG, the pacific islands and Asia. But having to know who was who who on their caste scale was very frustrating, finding I could offend someone by simply asking them to do something (a task for work) before asking a lower caste, and above all I am thinking its 2020, Oh well it takes all kinds....

Before I go any further I AM NOT prejudice in any way at all!
The one thing I do find hard to swallow is that telling the truth about some minority group of people is considered highly prejudice?

The NSW ( a state in Australia) police commissioner said that the Australian aboriginal people were less than 3% of our nation and are more than a !/4 of our prison population
And a colourful (loopy Pauline Hanson) senator/politician sad that Australian aboriginals are less than 3% of our nation and are nearly a 1/3 of our social security bill
Both were true statements but they were crucified by the media for making such statements!
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Austman wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:44 am Both were true statements but they were crucified by the media for making such statements!
Reality is racism.

Seriously, it is a faux pas to Notice Things. Nice people don't do that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic