British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: British Man Arrested in Kampot for Drug Traffic

Post by Ravensnest »

he was busted at 10 am. I guess someone ratted on him....?
John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:36 pm Some of them are muggers, extortionists and murderers, and I'm just talking about the staff.
that just might be the funniest line on this forum!

There are so many dealers here though. We all must be careful with what we post here but with the amount of dealers there are a small number of busts.
Still here, in country...
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Post by angsta »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:39 pm
jaynewcastle wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:26 am How long a prison sentence would you expect him to get I wonder ?
Doc67 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:33 am I don't know but I would think it's on the ugly side of 5 years, maybe up to 10.
It all depends on how MDMA is viewed but the Belgian guy got life for 1kg of Cocaine som 260gram of MDMA could be a lengthy one.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/14904 ... o-cambodia

I wonder what the street value is? A gram goes for how much ? $100?
It was 3,500 baht on the Thai islands 5 or 6 years ago, so $100 is definitely in the right area.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

The invulnerability of youth, JB, powered by ego and testosterone.

This stuff came along long after my experimental "let's tryout everything on the smorgasboard" days. It would probabky have been one of the once-only ones anyway, i never yet liked one synthetic chemical drug i ever met.

I know E can be bought cheaply in bulk in Europe, and i guess the party crew here will pay the same as anywhere else - ie, whatever it takes.
But does anyonee have a more accurate idea of the economics of this ^^^ kind of smuggling scam??

nb, 'just saw the post above - what about at the other end?
How much do you pay for 250gm in Eu?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 am The invulnerability of youth, JB, powered by ego and testosterone.

This stuff came along long after my experimental "let's tryout everything on the smorgasboard" days. It would probabky have been one of the once-only ones anyway, i never yet liked one synthetic chemical drug i ever met.

I know E can be bought cheaply in bulk in Europe, and i guess the party crew here will pay the same as anywhere else - ie, whatever it takes.
But does anyonee have a more accurate idea of the economics of this ^^^ kind of smuggling scam??

There is nothing in the article that suggests these narcotics were brought from Europe. They are most likely from a lab in Yunan or Shan State.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Yuk!
shudder

(i thought E was grown in greenhouses in Amsrterdam?? or something like that. 'obviously not Tuned In anymore)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This was the cover of the first Phnom Penh Post I remember buying.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 am The invulnerability of youth, JB, powered by ego and testosterone.

3 years ago, mdma was around 15 quid a gram back in south england
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Soriya wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:59 am

3 years ago, mdma was around 15 quid a gram back in south england
About the same in Amsterdam. €20 a gram back in 2016.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

My, we do have some well-informed members here, don't we.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:58 am My, we do have some well-informed members here, don't we.
And your point is??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic