When the raggedy old guy acting up surprises you

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: When the raggedy old guy acting up surprises you

Post by IraHayes »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:43 pm if ur judging people by the way they dress, i feel sorry for you.

I lived and worked in Aspen Colorado for 4 winters and knew/meet lots of filthy rich people, none felt the need to dress to impress

as long as my clothes are washed and i dont smell... i am good to go...
Does no one read the actual post these days.
so... once again.. from my OP.
He was muttering and swearing about something but not at anyone in particular that I could tell. Anyway, something had gotten to him. I think it could have been over the money or something... which given his visible appearance led me to think he was “scraping the penny barrel”, so to speak.
I combined both his appearance and his behaviour and made a split second judgement based on what i saw and heard him saying.

and making split second decisions is actually a well studied area. The reasons why we do it are very interesting so to those who say .. oh you jumped to a conclusion you are a bad person then you are a hypocrite as we all make split second decisions .. in fact there's a whole ton of literature and books around *making a good first impression* as people make instant decisions regarding other people all the time.
I started to read this

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/ba ... ion-making

but not had time to fully explore it yet as I have been busy all day. But, it looks an interesting subject.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I dress pretty raggedly but drive a beautiful red sports car. Only an old Mazda but it looks sensational. When I am out with the Khmer Princess people are either horrified or impressed. A few months ago we were at the markets and after we got into the car an old man, well dressed and well to do asked if he could take some photos.
When he had finished he shook my hand and said. What you are doing is so wonderful, keep it up!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

willyhilly wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:37 pm I dress pretty raggedly but drive a beautiful red sports car. Only an old Mazda but it looks sensational. When I am out with the Khmer Princess people are either horrified or impressed. A few months ago we were at the markets and after we got into the car an old man, well dressed and well to do asked if he could take some photos.
When he had finished he shook my hand and said. What you are doing is so wonderful, keep it up!
Sorry, but you've lost me there. Was he talking about your Khmer princess , the car , or you.?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

The title of this thread suggest something different.. :flasher1:

Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:07 pm
Austman wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:15 pm I might be ragedy and poxy AND have flocking (ha aha) criminally -ridiculous opinions but hold up on the "OLD" bit!
I AM ragedy and poxy and old. No maybees about it. And everybody knows how ridiculous my opinions are. WTF has 2 names or 3

But don't you dare call me RICH!!

wow we do attract some different types!
Is it always like this on these talk back shows?

Wow rich how do we define RICH,

successful children? Yes papa you have done well! Thank you
being in a country where i can voice my opinion without retribution! Freedom of speech mmm. Yes Thank you
being able to walk around freely without harassment, Yes Thank you
being old and able to have a young beautiful women at my side for what ever reason WE decide and not be ostracised! Yes Thank you
Women not forced to dress in a certain way IE wearing a veil a burka chadaree paranja boshiya battoulah tatar or niqab Thankyou
being able to ride my motorcycle or drive my car where ever I want within this country. Yes thankyou
be greeted politely and welcomed at what ever eating establishment i choose. any where in this country... yes thankyou
Pandemic ?
to name but a few
YES I AM RICH..... thankyou... Love you XXXXOOOO
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic