Hangover cure

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Hangover cure

Post by Doc67 »

I am a bit of a foodie and will happily spend 30 hours preparing a beef bourguignon. But when it's comes to a quick fix for a hangover, this is quick, simple and as effective as anything else I have tried. Apart from more booze, obviously.

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Hangover cure

Post by AndyKK »

Hangover possibly, but if I was still pissed I could not make it, :)
Always "hope" but never "expect".
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Post by BigDee »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:35 pm I am a bit of a foodie and will happily spend 30 hours preparing a beef bourguignon. But when it's comes to a quick fix for a hangover, this is quick, simple and as effective as anything else I have tried. Apart from more booze, obviously.

Where? would kill for a decent Hot Dog
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:35 pm I am a bit of a foodie and will happily spend 30 hours preparing a beef bourguignon. But when it's comes to a quick fix for a hangover, this is quick, simple and as effective as anything else I have tried. Apart from more booze, obviously.

Take away the onions
add, sweet pickle relish and chilli
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Did your mother never tell you to eat your greens ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

This is no substitute for a proper British sausage sandwich.

Switch that tomato crap for Daddies sauce, job done.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

BigDee wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:51 pm

Where? would kill for a decent Hot Dog
Homemade. Apart from the 'dog'.
Apparently ketchup on a hot dog is a big faux pas according to a Yank mate.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Take away the onions
add, sweet pickle relish and chilli
Hmmm, maybe this could be an interesting perenial thread. Perhaps it could run for a while if we changed the tittle to "Dogs to Die For".

Mods... is this possible?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Duncan wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:04 pm

Did your mother never tell you to eat your greens ?
Does PK Richards suggestion of sweet pickle sauce count as greens?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:32 pm
Hmmm, maybe this could be an interesting perenial thread. Perhaps it could run for a while if we changed the tittle to "Dogs to Die For".
With that title, it could be a companion piece for Brody's asian girls thread
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic