Old western men with young asian girls

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Old western men with young asian girls

Post by explorer »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:32 am Bride price is part of the usual Cambodian tradition.
Khmer mostly follow them. Are foreigners exempt?

If your better half told you that you didn’t need to show money, then good for you.

You seem to think that those who follow tradition are losers.

I can imagine that you read the book on etiquette before you arrived and then proceeded to pat the head of the first kid you saw, and then step over a sitting monk.

Because karma doesn’t apply to foreigners in the Kingdom of Wonder.

This thread is pretty interesting now discussing what kind of Khmer makes a good girlfriend and possible (eventual) partner in life.

Please keep it up.
The truth is, in many cases it is because of the type of women they are with. While there are a lot of different people, and some may have good girls, with good relationships, some of these relationships are with bar girls. The girls have had other foreign boyfriends before, and got money from them. This latest boyfriend is no different. The family doesn't see it as a genuine marriage. They see it as the girl getting money from the foreigner.
hunter8 wrote: I somehow tend to attract virgins or maybe there are too many of them in Cambodia or maybe they wanted me to believe they are original. And when i carefully inquired into prospects of having some fun, they always told me it’s only after marriage, at which point i defaulted back to bar girls.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I met a Western man in the past, who told me his girlfriend was a prostitute. She would come and stay with him for a while. Then she would go off to meet other men, and earn some money. Later she would come and stay with him again.

He made that choice, and was happy with that choice. But he did not expect to be with her until old age.

It is much better to be honest about it, than to live in fantasy land.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

explorer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:43 am I met a Western man in the past, who told me his girlfriend was a prostitute. She would come and stay with him for a while. Then she would go off to meet other men, and earn some money. Later she would come and stay with him again.

He made that choice, and was happy with that choice. But he did not expect to be with her until old age.

It is much better to be honest about it, than to live in fantasy land.
I prefer to be honest about it ,,,, and live in a fantasy land , cause the riel world ain't looking to good at the moment.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I would love to live in a simple one dimensional world with only young and old men and good and bad girls.
God
Omnipotent
Cambodia

Post by God »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:42 am I would love to live in a simple one dimensional world with only young and old men and good and bad girls.

One day, but not today, your wish shall be granted.
Kohker
BANNED
Austria

Post by Kohker »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:32 am
Kohker wrote:I was referring to westerners.
Bride price is part of the usual Cambodian tradition.
No it's not
Khmer mostly follow them.
No they don't

If you have learned about Cambodian traditions from the daughter of a rice farmer you have simply learned how the lower classes behave, it doesn't give you a true picture of the country.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Kohker wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:40 am If you have learned about Cambodian traditions from the daughter of a rice farmer you have simply learned how the lower classes behave, it doesn't give you a true picture of the country.
If there is something we don't know, please share. So we can learn.

When you quote someone, put your comments after the /quote.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Kohker wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:40 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:32 am
Kohker wrote:I was referring to westerners.
Bride price is part of the usual Cambodian tradition.
No it's not
Khmer mostly follow them.
No they don't

If you have learned about Cambodian traditions from the daughter of a rice farmer you have simply learned how the lower classes behave, it doesn't give you a true picture of the country.

Just out of curiosity, what is your source that most Cambodians don’t follow the practice of bride-price. Doesn’t match what I know.
Kohker
BANNED
Austria

Post by Kohker »

I'm simply saying my experiences with upper middle class Cambodians is a world away from the low class types you guys seem to be familiar with.
I am obviously in the minority here but all my wives family are professionals in various fields and all speak English or French or both,I can't imagine the loss of face if they tired to get money from me? They would be shunned from the family!!.
Kohker
BANNED
Austria

Post by Kohker »

There isn't one set way of going about getting married in Cambodia not one set "culture".
My wives uncle a doctor married the daughter of an okhna the okhna paid for the whole wedding in the sofitel.
another cousin also a doctor married another doctor and grooms parents also doctors paid for the wedding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic