10 Year Drivers Licence questions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
kingsley.kronk
Tourist
Australia

10 Year Drivers Licence questions

Post by kingsley.kronk »

I currently have the one year drivers licence (large motorbike and car) that I renew each year and qurious about a 10 year licence to save me the annual hassle to renew it in PP each year as I live out in Kampong Thom.
Q1. I read mixed reports there might be an age limit of over 60yo that can NOT get a 10 year licence, I'm 59. true or false ? What's that age limit issue about ?
Q2. I believe it requires a car driving test and theory, yes ? Who's car ?
Q3. If theory exam, is there any online links or app now to the latest road rules etc ?
Q4. What to take, passport visa, my existing lic, foreign lic, photos, residency permit whatever ???
Q5. Is it simply renewable after 10 years for another 10 years ? Ok I might be dead by then or need to speak Chinese I know.
Q6. Any other advice from people here who know exactly what they are talking about and not taking wild guesses would be appreciated.
:facepalm: Just another day above ground.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: 10 Year Drivers Licence questions

Post by whatwat »

At 59 you’ll get another 10 year and after that a two year. Limit is 67yo.
You’ll use there car.
You’ll need all that plus lots of patience.
You can download the app. Search on this group.
You can’t do it all in one day. You’ll need to go back.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic