Beach Resort Business for Sale in Saracen Bay on Samloem

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Beach Resort Business for Sale in SaraceSaracensn Bay on Samloem

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Hey Basta. Sorry, i am a bit ignorant here.
Q. What is the deal with the option when the first 6 years is up?
Renegotiation of rent? Garantee option can be taken up without extortionate rent increase? How secure?

thanks, just general interest.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Beach Resort Business for Sale in Saracen Bay on Samloem

Post by basta.binici »

Half of Saracen bay and some other parts in Samloem belongs to the navy Bigger part belongs to people and businesses.
Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:08 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:45 pm
basta.binici wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:05 am
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:15 pm A lot of businesses for sale on the coast, it's almost like the governments ban on tourist visas is making the operation of any business aimed at tourists is now untenable...10 bungalows for $150,000 is dreamland prices, the drugs must be strong on the islands
No drugs on Samloem. Drugs were only in Koh Touch and not in any other beach or neighborhpood. All other beaches have different class visitors and business owners. Apparently you don't know anything about islands. Even in Koh Touch, backpackers' scene is at the end. Clients are changing. There are many luxury resorts now. Check the prices of resorts in Saracen Bay. 150k is like for free.
You should have no problems selling it then sir, although if I was purchasing anything I'd like to see photos of the buildings, seems odd that you don't have these in this post or on the website, seems you don't know much about realty sales.
At a guess, you are purchasing a beautiful unique beach site. If you want to build a high end resort then you will demolish the present buildings - a few wooden bungalows worth nothing much - and then build a nice resort.

BUT what I would really like to know is whether this land on KR Sanloem is still owned by the Cambodian navy, and also whether the beach part (so many metres from the high tide mark) is actually available for rent or if it remains the property of the state ? Can you have a private beach ownership on the coast and on the islands ? And what are the laws about dealing with sewerage and waste water now ? A high end resort creates a lot more waste than a few bungalows.
This is not an attack on you personally OP, but I see you are selling a lot of island properties, and I'd like to know whether the environment is being taken into consideration when you sell off these 'pristine beaches' to developers. Thanks.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Beach Resort Business for Sale in SaraceSaracensn Bay on Samloem

Post by basta.binici »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:36 am Hey Basta. Sorry, i am a bit ignorant here.
Q. What is the deal with the option when the first 6 years is up?
Renegotiation of rent? Garantee option can be taken up without extortionate rent increase? How secure?

thanks, just general interest.
The rent of the land increases from $2000 to $3500/month after 6 years, and the new tenant will continue paying the new rent for the period between 6th and 16th years.it is already in the contract and when the buyer makes aa new contract, it will be 16 years contract.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

truffledog wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:15 pm
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:45 pm
basta.binici wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:05 am
angkorjohn2 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:15 pm A lot of businesses for sale on the coast, it's almost like the governments ban on tourist visas is making the operation of any business aimed at tourists is now untenable...10 bungalows for $150,000 is dreamland prices, the drugs must be strong on the islands
No drugs on Samloem. Drugs were only in Koh Touch and not in any other beach or neighborhpood. All other beaches have different class visitors and business owners. Apparently you don't know anything about islands. Even in Koh Touch, backpackers' scene is at the end. Clients are changing. There are many luxury resorts now. Check the prices of resorts in Saracen Bay. 150k is like for free.
You should have no problems selling it then sir, although if I was purchasing anything I'd like to see photos of the buildings, seems odd that you don't have these in this post or on the website, seems you don't know much about realty sales.
no drugs on Samloen? sounds like the best business opportunity that basta has offered so far.
If you smoke weed in Saracen bay publicly you go to jail and the business who allows you will have very hard times including risk of losing business. The army is intolerant to the drugs there.
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

I think the owners of most of these land plots are probably very wealthy. As such the price will probably remain totally out of touch with the new reality (tourists are never coming back in large numbers) and there will never be a sale.
basta.binici
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by basta.binici »

Dunderhead wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:59 pm I think the owners of most of these land plots are probably very wealthy. As such the price will probably remain totally out of touch with the new reality (tourists are never coming back in large numbers) and there will never be a sale.
Sales are just slow but going on. Good priced properties are still going. The price may be high just for you. It is very low for a person who can develop 4 hectares beachfront land. The cost per sqm per month is very low.
There will be travel bubbles (with safe counties) soon and the safest country will have many visitors and keep being safe in terms of no covid inside Cambodia.
Powaline_Digi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Powaline_Digi »

Basta binici is untrustworthy
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Powaline_Digi wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:37 pm Basta binici is (in your) unqualified opinion ....
Is this a troll type statement, or something that you can qualify?
If the former, then I’m sure it will end up where it deserves
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Powaline_Digi wrote:Basta binici is untrustworthy
You have proof that he lied to you?
If so, post it so CEO can be better educated.

Otherwise, his job is to sell property.
No need to trash the guy.

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

@Powaline_Digi what makes you say that?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic