Caught my eye, photos in Cambodia :)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Caught my eye, photos in Cambodia :)

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Did it have to disguise itself as a salt water mud crab, Sinus?
- because it wandered out of the fresh water rice paddy and got lost in those beautifully photographed salt water mangroves in the background.

:)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:15 am Did it have to disguise itself as a salt water mud crab, Sinus?
- because it wandered out of the fresh water rice paddy and got lost in those beautifully photographed salt water mangroves in the background.

:)
Yes, I thought those nippers looked a bit big for the rice field crabs.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Sad, all those millions of tiny muddies you see at the coastal markets should be six months older and 50 times bigger, just like this one in Sinus's photo.
Basic, simple management of the the mangroves would be a huuuuge benifit to everybody - no loosers.
Not ony crabs of course. Mangroves are the breeding ground of most eating fish species, including many reef fish and pelagics.
Here they catch the breeders as they come in, and the undersized juveniles as they go out.
Coastal mismanagement #101. RUPP.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:27 am Sad, all those millions of tiny muddies you see at the coastal markets should be six months older and 50 times bigger, just like this one in Sinus's photo.
Basic, simple management of the the mangroves would be a huuuuge benifit to everybody - no loosers.
Not ony crabs of course. Mangroves are the breeding ground of most eating fish species, including many reef fish and pelagics.
Here they catch the breeders as they come in, and the undersized juveniles as they go out.
Coastal mismanagement #101. RUPP.
the reality, people cant wait 6 months to eat.. :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

Railway :)

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

No! You have not upset me SINUS, far from that actually, all are inititaled to there opinions, but your remarks were that of my photos do not belong on the thread. But there are no rules stated on what type of photo, being at the outset it may have staited unedited photos only to be submitted. Also let's remember that this is a forum site, that any member can freely post or not, being that of their choice, the subject matter is open for chat, entertainment or knowledge.
Like I said you have a right too criticise my photos, that in a way helps me to see where I am going wrong, or even if I am really going in the right direction, it's nice to have feedback for example, but in the end, I think overall it would be my own choice of how my editing would work out, in what I would personly like to see, that possiblity be of a certain style throughout, the aim trying to get an even balance, where I found red colours are difficult and very easily upset any overall look, but not to dwell or worry about this, ongoing personal interest. So, the photos in this post are un-edited and I hope more too your liking, there shot from a VIVO Y12 smartphone.
The phone also has artificial intelligence (AI) backed triple rear camera setup that includes a 13-megapixel primary sensor.
Again with some functions I don't understand, and will be outdated already, with the new range of 48-megapixel and higher on today's market.

Bougainvillea spectabilis
With heart-shaped leaves and thorny,
The plant can grow from 4.6m to a hight of 12.2 m preferring full sun. The plant has been reported to have anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-tumor, anti-hypercholestrolemic,
anti-hyperlipidemic, and anti-fertility properties.

Phnom Cheung Prei Temple
Hindu temple with good hilltop veiws, shade and relaxation, being around 60km from Phnom Penh.
It's mainly a retreat for women, dressed in white seen at prayers and meditation. It's only possible for the woman and not male's including monk's to stay at the temple site in the evening.

Sampov Pram Pagoda
Or named Pagoda of 5 boats. This Wat built in 1924 by King Monivong at the top of Bokor.
Good veiws from there of the sea and rainforest.

Just off of Highway 6 at around the sites of Phnom Santuk are the sites and workplace of the stonecarvers who make the figures for temples all over Cambodia. The stone is mainly a limestone transported down from the stone quarries of Preah Vihear.
But please tell me if you know, who is this first figure?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:38 am
Just off of Highway 6 at around the sites of Phnom Santuk are the sites and workplace of the stonecarvers who make the figures for temples all over Cambodia. The stone is mainly a limestone transported down from the stone quarries of Preah Vihear.
That's Phul-ma Phinga.
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:38 am
The leader of the proletariat, Vladimir Lenin, shows the way to a brighter future. :)
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

bong.kuit wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:31 am That's Phul-ma Phinga.
who is it? Google did not give an answer.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Ta Dumbong Dek - The Old Man of the Iron Rod.
The ancient Angkorian symbol of justice.
His statue can be found in the grounds of most court houses in Cambodia, and the witnesses are often made to swear to tell the truth before his statue.
- on pain of a severe beating with his iron club in the afterlife.

I think he was a prince who repelled the Thais at one point in history.

Side note - all witnesses at the Khmer Rouge Tribunal were made to swear before his statue - to tell the truth under the threat of a beating with an iron club.
Many westenerrs found this a little "inapprpriate"
chuckle
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic