Looking for lime - calcium oxide

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Looking for lime - calcium oxide

Post by daeum_tnaot »

I’m looking for lime- calcium oxide or hydroxide. I thought i found a place but can’t find it it’s been closed. Anyone know where to get this? Thanks...
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Looking for lime - calcium oxide

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Ive looked before with no luck. must be here but its amazing how difficult it can be to find basic stuff in cambodia
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Years ago I saw bags of lime in the Kampot Market. Get someone that lives down there to have a look.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

@willyhilly might know. (Or he might not).
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Builder's lime- the hydroxide, is sold everywhere cement is sold.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

I noticed a bunch of used lime bags been used to put sand in at a hardware shop in 108 today so its somewhere around
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

All right thanks, I’ll keep trying. I found a chemistry dictionary that may help...
Andy S Tawatin
Expatriate

Post by Andy S Tawatin »

Easy enough to find. Think it's called ម្សៅរហ័ស masau rhys. Sold in hardware stores, in chicken feed sacks and that (lime powder or quick lime, if thtas the same thing).
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

nemo wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:13 pm Builder's lime- the hydroxide, is sold everywhere cement is sold.
I assume you must mean in Phnom Penh? In the province I've never seen anything like lime at places that have cement. They didn't even have concrete adhesive or concrete epoxy despite asking at several different places.

Are there any particular places that you recommend, or areas of town to check?
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Andy S Tawatin wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:42 pm Easy enough to find. Think it's called ម្សៅរហ័ស masau rhys. Sold in hardware stores, in chicken feed sacks and that (lime powder or quick lime, if thtas the same thing).
Thanks, if that is actually the word in Khmer it will be much easier to find.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic